Halloween Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was volunteering at our recreation centers haunted house Wed and Thurs, it was a blast had too much fun scarring the kids and adults!
Unfortunately I got a little carried away last night. I was jumping out from behind a wall, chainsaw roaring (I was Leatherface) and rolled my ankle. It hurt bad at first, so I tried to walk it off in between groups, the pain went down before the next group came out, by the end of the night it hurt and I could walk with a slight limp, so the night wasnt ruined.
We went out to eat and sit for 45 minutes, when I stood up pain shot through my ankle, went home and took my shoes and socks off and low and behold, my ankle was swollen up.
Went to the e.r. did xrays, doc said it was a second degree sprain that I have to stay off it for a few days, so I guess Halloween is pretty much shot for me, I was going to walk up and down the street we live on in costume with my chainsaw.
Oh well, at least I had two nights of fun, I can always sit in a chair on my deck and still fire up my chainsaw. I dont think I could chase kids on crutches..
More on the rec center haunt in a different thread.
Never mind my dirty feet lol!!!( I suppose Ill be doing allot of loling today with the pain meds Im on)

HAPPY HALLOWEEN EVERYONE!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
529 Posts
OUCH!! that looks like it hurts,but at least it wasn't a total loss as far as working in the haunted house and sounds like you had a blast.
Thank god for those pain meds huh?...lol:D, you may end up having more fun being on them(meds) while sitting in your chair.

Hope you feel better and HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!

·
Registered
814 Posts
yikes! That reminds me of a football injury I had around that area. Tendon sprain.

I remember it well. Sorry to hear it happened to you!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ill be ok, thanks guys.
Im just glad that I get to spend this Halloween with my kids, they live so far away with their mom.
Ya, Im making some calls trying to get a wheelchair, no luck yet.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Bummer

I hope you get better soon.Been there and done that.3 years ago I was helping at our towns biggest yard haunt and hit my self in the face with a plastic scythe and broke a tooth.Needless to say no scythe play for me.Good luck and take get better soon.Halo

·
Registered
321 Posts
I had 3 people trip and fall/stumble tonight. Not anything I messed up with but rather the Trip-Or_Treaters fault.

I had a path on the side of my house that lead to the pathway to another houses walkway. After getting onto the other path, they decided to cut through the grass and trees and walk brushing against my inflatable motorcycle riding skeleton. Two people tripped on the line that goes to the stake holding it up! There is a lit path for heavens sake! Another person ran up up steps and fell on their costume!

Yikes!

I hope you feel better. Don't let your ankle determine whether or not you can have fun!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Funny, something very similar happened to me....

I was dressed as a gorilla and crouching down. Suddenly my girlfriend in a banana suit pushed me from behind and my foot remained stationary but my body fell forward. Destroying my ankle. It hurts very bad right now but totally worth it :p

Shes rolling her eyes as we speak. lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts