Halloween Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this was laat year 2021 Halloween Display! I try to collect alot of older Spirit Props their stuff back then was way better then what they have now! I did a lil zombie baby area but I would honestly like to expand on that area by adding more babies, I really would want to add a crib or maybe even a merry-go round for the babies but not sure what I could use for the motor to make it turn. Any suggestions? Looking at the cemetery probably would add some columns but the way the walkway is kinda in a slope and it gets windy here in Southern California! Finally the skeleton guy was supposed to be and underworld theme but I did not get finish it maybe this year?? Any suggestions or tips?

Plant World Flower Petal Pink

Plant Purple Light Blue Nature

Purple World Tent Tree Magenta

Plant World Purple Blue Botany

Purple Pink Red Magenta Art

Purple Organism Plant Entertainment Art

Typical Ghoul Next Door
I think your display looks wonderful! Especially love the groupings and the lighting.

For a merrygoround motor, if you are handy, you can use wiper motors. If you are not handy, check out the rotating x-mas tree stands. They are sometimes easy to find under $25 used, so don't jump immediately on the new ones that are $50+ (ouch!). This is my thread from many years ago about how to make a simple scarousel using one of those (pricing is definitely dated at this point) but you should get the general idea.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think your display looks wonderful! Especially love the groupings and the lighting.

For a merrygoround motor, if you are handy, you can use wiper motors. If you are not handy, check out the rotating x-mas tree stands. They are sometimes easy to find under $25 used, so don't jump immediately on the new ones that are $50+ (ouch!). This is my thread from many years ago about how to make a simple scarousel using one of those (pricing is definitely dated at this point) but you should get the general idea.

A christmas tree motor! of course it鈥檚 genius! Thank you!!!

Registered
A christmas tree motor! of course it鈥檚 genius! Thank you!!!
So this was laat year 2021 Halloween Display! I try to collect alot of older Spirit Props their stuff back then was way better then what they have now! I did a lil zombie baby area but I would honestly like to expand on that area by adding more babies, I really would want to add a crib or maybe even a merry-go round for the babies but not sure what I could use for the motor to make it turn. Any suggestions? Looking at the cemetery probably would add some columns but the way the walkway is kinda in a slope and it gets windy here in Southern California! Finally the skeleton guy was supposed to be and underworld theme but I did not get finish it maybe this year?? Any suggestions or tips?

View attachment 761752
View attachment 761754
View attachment 761757
View attachment 761756
View attachment 761755
View attachment 761753
Wow, you've got some great props. And love the colors you chose to light everything up! Creepy!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts