Halloween Forum banner

Halloween 2020, Full moon and on a Saturday!

2K views 18 replies 13 participants last post by  Kdestra 
#1 ·
I was just checking my calendar, and I realized that this year Halloween is on a Saturday and there is going to be a full moon, and it is a Blue moon as well.
Next time this event happens is after 2054.

Therefore, I was planning to double or triple my budget this year.

I was hoping to create a haunted woods behind my house. I am going to try to get the neighbors to join in and have each family create a scene along the tree line. (At least that's the plan.)

So, is anyone else going all out this year? if so, I would love to hear about it.

#14 ·
Love the forest idea but I might be biased since we’re doing a walk thru forest too!

Any scene contenders yet?
Mostly just the classics. Frankenstein’s monster, werewolf, headless horseman, Cemetery. All old stuff I all ready have. I’ll be adding a demon in a cage (with actor), Glowing eyes all over the place, an ax-worthy ghost, Maybe a big spider with webs and a victim, and witch with Calderon passing out the treats and a fire to keep warm. I also have a projector with some FX-ghost that I shine on the side of the house. All subject to change.

#12 ·
Seriously. I've had a few people ask me "what will you do if Halloween is 'cancelled'?"
Um..... still put ALL my ghouls and COMPLETE graveyard out on 10/1 and leave it for the month. I enjoy sitting in my spooky yard on weekend evenings, drinking wine (or rum), and chatting with passerbys (our neighborhood has a lot of walkers) - about as much as I enjoy halloween day/night. It's a total month-long thing for me here! If anything, it'll be a great "covid-friendly" thing for people to do - drive by and see the spooks and enjoy! Like looking for cool Christmas lights..... except waaay better

#5 ·
I'm definitely going to decorate even more this year than in years past. Especially outside. Going for a very organic swamp witch cottage vibe. I figure that whatever is happening with the craziness of this year and the virus, people will still be able to drive by & enjoy some Halloween goodness. Gotta spread that spooky cheer regardless. I'm excited & looking forward to trying new things & making new props with my son.

#13 ·
I love driving around checking out people's decorations for Halloween! From simple to elaborate, I just like seeing what neighbors come up with. People really go all out for Christmas decorating around here, but there's enough doing a little something for Halloween to inspire me in the weeks leading up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.