Halloween Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Imitation Imagineer
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Halloween 2019 was a bit of an oddity at ol' Revenant Manor. For some reason, I was lacking in my normal enthusiasm, and think that perhaps repeating myself for the last several years has finally taken its toll.

For several years, the prospect of ‘deepening’ the haunt by sticking with a single concept but adding coherently themed pieces was pretty appealing.
However, this year it seemed as though it was stifling me a bit. It’s quite possible that I’ll need some sort of major departure for 2020.
As a result, I didn’t end up building a lot of new stuff but did add a few pieces that have been on the ‘to-do’ list for a while. Updates for this year included:

• Cemetery Statue ('Belladonna')
  • Tomb Topper
  • Skeletal Sentinels
  • Column Plaques
  • Candle Sconce
Anyway, below are several pictures (including a few lackluster daylight images) and the 2019 haunt video.
I hope everyone had a great Halloween!

Cemetery Statue:

Tomb Topper:

Attachments

·
Imitation Imagineer
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for all of the kind words, folks! In a down year, it's nice to get lifted up a bit by your peers.

It all looks amazing! Would definitely enjoy a walk through myself. Well done 👏👏👏
Wouldn't it be great if we could all somehow get to one another's haunts? It's such a weird hobby....so many of us spend so much time building and setting up that we don't get to visit other displays. The SoCal haunters have it soooo good in that way.

Looks great! And I actually really like the daytime pics too--a gray day says Halloween to me as much as a spooky night.
Thanks! As much as I love weird and bizarre lighting at night, I do feel like it all needs to stand on its own during the day, too. Plus, you can actually see way more detail in the daytime, so there is something to be said for that. I'm just not a good enough photographer to know how to take decent pics, so I feel like the daytime images are always so flat.

That was an amazing set up. So what are thinking of doing for next year if you don't stay with this theme?
Thanks! I wish I knew, but I'm kind of undecided on how to approach it.

I don't really want to start from scratch, but I do think I need to come up with something that will really shake up the display so that I'll be re-energized.

I have a couple of facade ideas that I think could be really cool, but the scale of them is kind of daunting. However, I have said for a few years that I want to 'go big' for 2020 (it's a Saturday night, it's the 20th anniversary of the haunt, and I have family saying they want to come in for it, etc.), so maybe I'll just go all-in on a couple of really ambitious pieces that will really enhance the backdrop.

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,489 Posts
You can stop raising the bar anytime now! LOL! Another superb effort and one I look forward to every year; Lighting, props, atmosphere. You always create a scene that's eerily believable, perfectly constructed and beautifully photographed. This simply checks all the boxes and many haunters can and should glean inspiration as well as technique from you, sir! Strong work, again!! (I'd add that I would kill someone for that crypt. Simply stunning!)

·
Imitation Imagineer
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hey, thanks folks...I really appreciate it!

I would love to be able to come and see this in person..
Wouldn't it be great if we could somehow all see one another's haunts, displays, and walkthroughs in person? I've seriously toyed with the idea of making a trip to SoCal one year just because there would be so many that could realistically be visited in one season!

Wow, really nice work! Love the lighting. Is it ok if I say it's beautiful?
It certainly is OK, and thanks so very much for saying so!

You can stop raising the bar anytime now! LOL! Another superb effort and one I look forward to every year; Lighting, props, atmosphere. You always create a scene that's eerily believable, perfectly constructed and beautifully photographed. This simply checks all the boxes and many haunters can and should glean inspiration as well as technique from you, sir! Strong work, again!! (I'd add that I would kill someone for that crypt. Simply stunning!)
Thank you, sir!

I really didn't feel like I had any mojo this year, so that's awful kind of you. I guess I also know where to send the crypt when it's time to retire it! 🎃

Hopefully, we will see some of your 2019 work soon?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts