Halloween Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all - I finally am getting around to posting a brief video of last year's setup. This was taken the night before Halloween and does not have footage of the massive amounts of fog we put out and the hundred of kids that showed up. I also should have pulled the car out of the driveway before taking this, but it was late and I was tired from working out all the small details!

This year was the first year I did a fence. I got metal fencing from lowes and rusted it with ironoxide paint. The video doesn't show the detail, but this was a fun worthwhile project. I plan on adding more sections this year - those things are pricey.

This year was also the first year using a scrim and ghost projection. The scrim was setup in the middle of the garage so that there were visual effects behind the ghosts. To me, this gives a more realistic appearance of a ghost appearing and floating in a room. Everyone loved it.

I'd love to hear some thoughts - especially with regard to lighting. I'd really like to work on that this year. I'm also thinking of adding something big, but haven't figured out what that would be yet...

Thanks to all of you for the great inspiration! Hopefully this can do the same for others!

youtu.be/rfI37mGJ4WE

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,469 Posts
What a great display! Nice props and animation. I liked the light scheme; not overdone and you highlighted certain props/scenes without washing them out with too much light. The projection looked great. Nice use of smaller flicker candles as well. Very nicely done!! I'll bet the TOT's loved it!

·
Registered
79 Posts
I loved that you could see through the projection! That really heightened the effect. The chained up skelly got me though - I was focusing on the projections and then jumped a bit when he shook!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
HA! thats awesome Jaurhead. I connected it to a remote so that I can operate it whenever someone was standing too close and paying attention to the ghosts. I used electric door lock mechanisms to make him "jump".

·
Blue Pill? or Red Pill?
4,090 Posts
The garage props, lighting and that candelabra was stunning! I like how spot lit the props in the front yard. It was definitely eye candy with all the colors. Looked beautifully spooky. Personally though, I like my cemeteries to be a blue with some cool white wash in areas, with amber glow candles accents. I think blue makes it look cold and dreary (which IMO is good thing lol).

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I like your ideas regarding blue coloring... I'll experiment with that this year.

Thanks for the compliments!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks very much, Paul- I actually have seen your vids a while back before you joined here and used them for inspiration! You've got some great stuff.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts