Halloween Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Jumpin' Jack Flash
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
tonight was a halloween i'll never forget.

last year (our first year in a new house) we didn't get any ToTers. in fact, where i lived the few years before that, i really didn't get any either. i went to my mom and dad's a time or two on halloween night, and they get quite a few (~70-80 usually) but for some reason it didn't quite feel the same as being there when i was younger passing out candy.

tonight we went to a friend's house for ToTing. we're both Lions club members, and we handed out candy as a group activity. i don't know the final count, but there were probably at least a couple hundred kids, and it felt like the halloweens of my youth again.

and then...we went to the asylum.

the asylum is a haunt on the busiest ToT street in our town, just a few blocks from where we went to hand out candy tonight. i had heard about it for years but had never had occasion to go. this year, a colleague who helps with it asked my wife and i to come help. after we left our friend's house, we went over to help as guides at the asylum. and oh my word. when we got there, the line was literally longer than we could see. i'd say in the couple of hours we were there, there were maybe 1,000 or more people through. it wasn't entirely my cup of tea as a haunt (a lot of people screaming under strobe lights) but the effort was wonderful, the crowd was amazing, and we had more fun than we've had in a long time.

all in all, i couldn't have asked for a better halloween. :D

1 - 1 of 1 Posts