Halloween Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone making your project list for next year yet? I just finished my big project for this year and even though I have a few small things to do yet, I'm already hitting Illustrator to start designing next year's projects.

New Graveyard Fence & Gate
Gravelings for the GY (from Dead Like Me)
A life size coffin prop for the Graveyard

Even thinking about making a crypt that's actyall a storage box, maybe, if I can come up with a good design.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Really? Let the 2015 year pass first.
Tell you what Ms. Overzealous, start this thread on November 1st 2015 and I will be on board. Until, crack a pumpkin beer, watch Halloween, and prep for this year.

·
Registered
438 Posts
I was gonna say this is a little early but I am totally on board. I just have to save up my money cuz whenever somethings around it's mine. Depending on the space this year I'm gonna build at least 4 jail cells for my movie props! I plan on going to target, walmart, costco, spirit, walgreens, cvs, lowes and home depot day after so depending on the stuff I get there that will tell me new projects

·
Registered
371 Posts
I'm too busy and stressed for my party this Saturday, that I'm going to wait until the day after to start devising plans for next year. I'm thinking about letting my guests this year vote on next years theme anyway.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You might say it's too early BUT if I weren't thinking ahead I wouldn't have ideas on bits I can only get during the season that I need for projects I want to work on before August. I've already found a bunch of stuff on sale that will make these projects easier, if not possible at all.

SO THERE.

·
Seer of All
2,939 Posts
While I'm always thinking of things I'll do differently "next year", I'm still knee deep in this year's display. Anything I do now is going out in my yard for 2015!
I'm just curious, if you've still got so much time and creativity going, why not keep adding to your current haunt or décor? You can add a lot in two weeks and make it that much better. Just a thought.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Ideas for next year already popping in my head. Then I write it down. Then I scream "OUT DEMON BE GONE WITH YOU UNTIL NOVEMBER 1ST!" Then the wife screams at me for scaring her. I tell her "But hun I am just trying to stay focused." then she yells "OUT DEMON BE GONE WITH YOU !" Shrug.

·
Somewhat Eccentric
2,390 Posts
I'm already planning for 2016 too! :)

I didn't make any plans for this year because I knew my little girl would be having heart surgery sometime before Halloween. The surgery was a success and I'm in the process of making a few decorations for her. Otherwise, the inside is decorated but the outside is not and won't be this year.

One thing I'm definitely planning is a cemetery fence. We live on top of a hill and get all the wind so keeping tombstones anchored is a must. Wind is not my biggest challenge though, it's my two large labs who don't realize just how big (and unintentionally destructive) they are. We also have cats who love to sharpen their claws on the stones, so I'm hoping a fence may deter some of the damage.

I've been wanting to build a grave digger for a few years. I like the animated versions others have been building, but mine will likely be static. I want to make his head out of paper mache and model him after my grandma's neighbor who did odd jobs and was like a grandfather to me.

Also, I've recently gained an appreciation for witches. Not so much the green pointy hat kind, but the more the backwoods medicine woman variety. I'll also use memories from my youth to create her paper mache likeness.

I also have plans for a giant pumpkin--something my daughter, who'll be 19 months next Halloween, can get inside of for a few years.

There's numerous other ideas floating around but these four are a priority. Now I just need to get to work!

·
Registered
210 Posts
I'll confess until recently, I was doing the 'ween thing in relative ignorance of any haunt community.
Now my head is gonna explode with all the inspirational stuff I'm discovering!
Plan on learning some new techniques and see where that takes me.

BUT more specifically, I have an "infestation" display with reeeealy big critters busting out of the roof and window, etc.
Next year among other things I'm adding a [TBD] flying bug carrying off a trick- or- treater.

(edited) kant spel

·
Far Away Eyes
3,354 Posts
I usually know what theme I am planning for the next year by now. That way, I know what to look for in the after-Halloween sales, and throughout the year. Also, I like to do a couple projects each month, so I have a lot done by the time Halloween rolls around. A fun hobby for me.

Not sure right now what I want to do next year though, and I need to figure it out soon.

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,677 Posts
Nothing wrong with thinking ahead. Having a plan is a good motivator and like PIB said, helps you to decide what things you might want to buy for next year when they all go on sale Nov. 1. We've talked about what direction we're taking our haunt next year and it's fun to toss ideas around, make mental notes, etc.. I'm also going to do a major purge of stuff after Halloween this year and keep only those things that we'll use fairly regularly. Moving away from a themed haunt for the time being and going to focus on a more traditional atmosphere. That said, it's all about this year for the next two weeks. October has gone by much too quickly and will only accelerate from here on in.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
As far as adding to this year, the projects I am thinking about are far too time consuming so no time. Also we are having house guests over Halloween and i have some cleaning & reorganizing to do to re-free up the guest room so, again, no time.

·
Registered
101 Posts
As soon as I started thinking about this year I started thinking about next year as well. I've had too much going on to even allow myself to plan for Halloween until it was almost October so my decor this year is really just old stuff put out somewhere out front. But as I slowly move things out of the garage I'm thinking about what i want to do next year and getting really excited about it, this is my first year haunting this house and it's totally different than my last.

Now I just need to figure out how to work with the trees and bushes lining the street and blocking the view of most of my yard...

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I REALLY need to get a taller ladder and put some floods up high next year in trees. All mine are on the ground and if you are at the wrong angle they kinda blind you. *sigh* It's really not optimal. If we were in a house we owned I could do so much more with lighting and decorating the house itself. My dream it to have a storage shed I cando up as a crypt to store all my non-temperature sensitive stuff off season, though oif we had a house we owned might not really be an off season. Last time we owned a house we kept the gravestones up year round!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts