Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 561 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I'd start a thread in the vain hope that we have some new Halloween merchandise this year.

Let me kick off with some images from T.K. Maxx. This year they've surprisingly been pushing more Fall/HAlloween stuff and they've even got some of the stuff that I've seen in the American threads.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice! I'm glad to see you guys over there are getting more choices of Halloween décor. Hopefully you'll see more.

If you ever want something shipped to you from the states, give me a yell. Be glad to help out! :)
Thank you so much but don't tempt me! I spend enough as it is! :D

But yeah, we've always had a very limited choice of Halloween/Fall stuff over here and so it was a surprise to see so much in this year. At my local T.K/ Maxx last year there was practically nothing on offer. I wonder why they've gone for broke this year?

·
Registered
429 Posts
I found some stuff the other also in TK maxx, posted it in the TJ mazz thread, very similar to your stuff. Glad they are pushing the boat out on it. If you search on Tesco Direct for Halloween they have stuff too, and if you roll to the bottom they have some stuff that will be arriving soon.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I found some stuff the other also in TK maxx, posted it in the TJ mazz thread, very similar to your stuff. Glad they are pushing the boat out on it. If you search on Tesco Direct for Halloween they have stuff too, and if you roll to the bottom they have some stuff that will be arriving soon.
Thanks for the heads up. I will certainly keep an eye on that site. :D

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I can't believe it's out now!! That is the earliest yet. I'll have to go down to our branch to see if we have any stuff in Wakefield yet.
Oh I know. I've been to three of their branches now and all three had a fair bit of stuff. He's some more examples I snapped at my local branch.

Love the poison bottle.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Is that an Edgar Allan Poe snow globe I see ?? I haven't seen that before. and I love that red poison bottle !! I've never seen those at our US stores, I love the shape of it. Buy some stuff , if it sells well they will keep it coming each year. Thanks for the pics, its so fun to see what's out there.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Glad you enjoyed looking. And yes that is dear old Edgar in the snow globe.

It seems this year we've had the biggest variety imports from our American cousins compared to previous years. Makes a change as we're normally starved of merchandise. I'd buy the lot If I could, but sadly times are hard for me finically right now.

Saying that though I couldn't resist picking up a mercury glass pumpkin and a couple of those gorgeous Fall wreaths.

·
Here to burgle your turts
2,305 Posts
Oh this is SOOO good to see! You UK folks have been getting by with scraps for far too long!

At this rate it won't be long before you're jaded and complaining that there's too much poorly made, over-priced crap, like a real American Halloween. ;)

I love the Night Owl Inn sign. (Hopefully you totally missed out on the Halloween "glitter-on-everything" phase.) It'd be great if they eventually start making some items exclusively for the UK. I know Halloween is just on the upswing there again, so it'll be fun to see it evolve with it's own unique flavour.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Thanks for posting really like the black tin pumpkin hoping they are a good price also like the vintage halloween sign and the bottle think I could spend loads :confused:

·
Registered
399 Posts
Halloween stuff out in August in the UK ?. I'd resigned myself for not seeing anything until the first week of October,or at least until after the back to school stuff had left the Isles. First walk through display for us in 4 years. So yes I'm slightly excited. Lol. All I can see outside are half done props and boxes and boxes of Halloween decs.

·
Registered
59 Posts
This is so exciting!! Hoping to go to our local(ish) Home Sense today, they're part of the same company as TK Maxx I believe so I'm hopeful they'll have some good stuff.
And tomorrow I'm making my annual visit to Starbucks to get a pumpkin spice latte, even if it doesn't contain actual pumpkin. :)
Talking of actual pumpkin, I got a can of pumpkin purée from Waitrose recently - another US import we don't see enough of! Now I just have to choose which of my many bookmarked pumpkin recipes I'm going to make. This one seems like a good bet.

Thanks for all the pictures so far!

·
Registered
306 Posts
I went in my local TK Maxx to purchase clothing and was amazed to see a full halloween aisle. My local store gave up with Halloween after 2011. All reasonably priced, too. They had a huge skull pot for £15, largest snowglobe in OP's photo, £20. I bought the black pumpkin with copper interior (9.99) and wooden crow garland/bunting (7.99). I will pick up some more items next week. So happy :).

I visited Wilko and they started to put out their items. They usually have one large prop but all I saw was top of a grandfather clock. The clock hands spin. It must do something else to warrant the price tag of £40.

B&M had brilliant items last year, so hopefully they'll continue to this year. I wish ASDA would bother with a large life size prop. Wanda receives great feedback every year. I'm looking forward to ASDA stock reveal but their items aren't as good as they used to be, for me, anyway.

1 - 20 of 561 Posts