Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
I always do graveyard I just build it up. I am tempted by clowns especially after Twisty on AHS this year. However I know I am just going to build up new Zombies for next year.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I live in an old farmhouse in Vermont with a barn, which I am rather ashamed to say hasn't made it into the haunt... yet. We're planning a Victorian era Creepatorium, a collection of creepy things - living, dead, undead - many left behind by the forefathers of the 'estate'. Our goal is to reach outside the usual setting whilst still using some familiar themes.

After the feedback this year, our mojo is definitely working towards getting it done. Work starts, umm, now?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Unfortunately I live way out on a dead end street on the outskirts of town and I've never seen a single TOTer out this way, so my home decorations aren't anything special.

Our yearly haunted house that we do as a fund raiser for the local rec center, however, is already being talked about. Considering a horror movie theme. Friday the 13th, Nightmare on Elm St., etc.

·
Look behind you
1,316 Posts
I'd love to do clowns, but nothing I have is related to them so it would be hard to do. I'm thinking of maybe redoing a mad lab for next year, but it's still a ways off and I need a break for right now. :rolleyes:

Reactions: Skeletoncrew

·
Seer of All
2,939 Posts
Ha! I wondered who would start this thread and how long it would take! yes, I am most definitely thinking about it - have been for a year or more. I really wanted to do something different this year but just could not get motivated in time. Hopefully I can make it happen for 2015.
I am so bored with my cemetery! I do have other additions, like my stirring witch which is a huge hit with little kids and adults so I hate to not have her, but I've got to change things up. I've thought about doing an all witch theme but I have a pretty big yard and I don't know if I could think of enough witch things to fill it up.
Considered Nightmare Before Christmas. I even considered doing Peanuts and a pumpkin patch theme but I just don't think I can go that "cutesy", even though I love all things Charlie Brown.
What to do...
I'll be watching this thread closely for inspiration!

·
Registered
295 Posts
I don't have theme planned, but I have a few props I want to try. I want to try Mr. Chicken's corpsing technique (thinking a bride and groom). I also need to do the drinking skeleton I ran out of time for this year. Last, I really want to build a bleeding wall, and since the first pump I bought for my skeleton was too powerful, I'm halfway there on this one.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I've been thinking about it since the day after Halloween. I want to include a funeral home into my cemetery setup (walking through the cemetery to get to the funeral home). I was thinking of using our dining room as the actual viewing room with the coffin and then build up around that. Hopefully the start of an actual haunted walk through instead of just walking up the yard to the front porch.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Ha! I wondered who would start this thread and how long it would take! yes, I am most definitely thinking about it - have been for a year or more. I really wanted to do something different this year but just could not get motivated in time. Hopefully I can make it happen for 2015.
I am so bored with my cemetery! I do have other additions, like my stirring witch which is a huge hit with little kids and adults so I hate to not have her, but I've got to change things up. I've thought about doing an all witch theme but I have a pretty big yard and I don't know if I could think of enough witch things to fill it up.
Considered Nightmare Before Christmas. I even considered doing Peanuts and a pumpkin patch theme but I just don't think I can go that "cutesy", even though I love all things Charlie Brown.
What to do...
I'll be watching this thread closely for inspiration!
There is a lot of possibilities with witches - depends on how scary you want to go, could do 'evidence' of trick or treaters they snatched up, abandoned candy bags, costumed legs sticking out of pile of leaves, lots of bats and cats, cauldron with fogger, if can rig it, a 'flying'/suspended witch on broomstick, etc.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Living in a townhome, I've got limited front lawn space. So I think next year I'm going to utilize the front porch and build up a mausoleum and extend the facade to over the garage to match the current crypt wall I put up this year. Unfortunately, I've got marching orders to get christmas decorating started from my better half so that won't begin until after the new year.

House_resized.jpg

·
Registered
606 Posts
I really want to fine tune the props we made this year, the things that we ran out of time for that were just good enough to put out and looked great in the dark! I need to add another coat of paint to our stones, dry brush and tea stain. I wish I had torched some and added cracks before I painted them. My props need better hands than the one set I tried to make and the other set that I just taped into position.

Once everything was set out, I realized that we had room to stage more 'scenes'. Next year I would like to try to make static hitchhiking ghosts and the caretaker. I had bought masks and outfits for them, but switched themes when I was inspired by the Phantom Manor. I was going to try to make some of the graveyard stones, or perhaps the tribute stones that used to be in the old cue that are still at DW...and a pet cemetery. But after taking down the mausoleum stones and trying to find storage for all 32 where they would be out of harm's way, I'm ready to pass on that. We recently had fake turf installed, so I'd probably have to make them stable with wood bases, which would make them much harder to store.

·
Registered
268 Posts
The wife and I were lying in bed the night of Halloween talking about next year. We were both so dang excited about how things came out, the reactions of the ToT's, parents taking pictures with the kiddos, everything.

Our working theme right now is medieval/dark ages with a bit of Lord of the Ring crossed with Clash of the Titans. Heroes fighting monsters and what not. Merlin will make an appearance, skeleton warriors, dungeons, and anything else we can come up with. Oh, and Excalibur too if I can build a cauldron big enough to hide a hand/sword pop up prop inside. Going to do an ice dragon as a side highlight, and a bottomless pit/mine because I've never seen one until the doctor here put a link to his video.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Since My Depression got the Better of me and I didn't do a Damn thing this Year, I have to step up for 2015. for 2015 I'm doing a 16x4 Mausoleum in front of that I'm Making A Miniature Model T Hearse, with a Tiny Toe Pincher in back of it, putting on Foam False Fronts with Lettering on My 12 Standing Graves that I Made Last year, and at the End of the Mausoleum I'm putting the Wooden Real Estate Sign Holder, I found, it will be painted to look like it's rusted Metal, and of top of that I'm putting two Revolving Police Lights that I bought awhile ago, and looking at some spooky music.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
That's my largest problem too, storage!

I'm just in the thinking stage right now, I won't act on anything until after Christmas/New Years.
Us as well.

Just finished boxing/organizing everything, and putting what I can (by myself) into the attic. Will get the rest of it up there this week (with the help of most wonderful hubby).

Right now -- the strongest ideas are a Carnival/Freak-Show theme... with a small element of swamp-witch thrown into it, since we live in the area Home to the Okefenokee Swamp. :)

1 - 20 of 56 Posts