Halloween Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I must open by saying, WOW! HALLOWEEN 2013 was a SUCCESS!

What a season it was getting it all together for 2013. Many ups and downs and of course dealing with the bad weather that seems to plague us haunters this time of year. I have to thank the heavens above for holding back on the rain and allowing me to pull off a good Halloween for my neighborhood. For those of you that have followed my previous posts you have already read of my frustrations with dealing with the upcoming rain storm predicted for this Halloween. So I will spare the details here and just get into the details from my dry run through the big day.

My Halloween display for 2013 had three major attractions in addition to some extra lighting and signs from what I lacked in previous years. The three main attractions were: Magic Mirror (4th year), Singing Pumpkins (2nd Year), and a Spirit Jumping Spider (1st year). I have added few smaller props and two light posts which aleviated the lighting problems I had in previous years.

The Magic Mirror which I named Vlen, remained virtually unchanged from when I did it in 2011 so I am not going to go into details on that as those of you that have been following my previous post as well as others here whom have done the Magic Mirror will know how it operates. But in a nutshell, the Magic Mirror is a computer based interactive prop in which TOT's approach it and I can talk to them controlling the Mirror's voice and movements. I am concealed behind a special cloth called a scrim and I can see TOTs, but they can't see me. To add to the illusion I amplify my voice using a set of speakers situated in such a way that the voice appears to come from dead center, where the mirror is. I dispense candy through a chute that is located at the bottom of the Mirror's facade. This has been my main attraction since 2009.

On my dry runs for 2013, the Magic Mirror actually set up pretty fast since I have set it up numberous times before. I actually did my dry run through the prior Sunday...two days before my actual dry run through of the rest of the display.

The Singing Pumpkins are also computer based and they are based on a set of 7 pumpkins in which are synchronized to music. I had only done the pumpkins one other year and that was in 2010. This time around the set up was much more elaborate and I was very happy with the way it turned out. I have added more lights, a full facade, chasing mini pumpkins, and RGB flood lights for color washes. I also upped the ante on the sound system using a huge powered Electro-Voice speaker that had a 15" woofer and a horn in it. The sound was excellent even though I had a plastic bag over the speaker to protect it, in the event of rain. The dry run for the singing pumpkins also went without a hitch, but it took an enormous amount of time to set up. Added to the fact I added a tarp to cover the whole display to protect it even further. That alone took over and hour to put up. The songs I had programmed for this year were:

Monster Mash, Grim Grinning Ghosts, Monter's Holiday, I'm Your Boogie Man, and Thriller.

The Jumping Spider I bought at Spirit last year on their Nov 1 50% closeout sale and this was the first year I used it. Out of all of my items that I tested on the dry run, this was the only one that gave me trouble. Initially the spider got stuck in the up position after the third test trigger and this turned out to be the missing screw on the battery compartment (I bought the spider that way). The battery compartment opened up and naturally the batteries came loose when the spider jumped up. Luckily I had a perfect size screw for the job and fixed that issue. THEN as it got dark, the spider wouldn't trigger. I thought something went wrong with the sensor, so I shined a flashlight on it to check it out and the spider triggered. As it turns out the sensor isn't that sensitive at night. I ended up installing a light fixture opposite the path and kept it on the spider. This way a TOT would break the light beam and the spider would trigger. Problem solved. I am curious though if others had this issue.

The other items I have added were two light posts. One is of an old antique style street lamp that I put out by the path. It had a sign highlighting the attractions within my yard. I had this lamp post built last year, but didn't use it because of Hurricane Sandy taking out the power last year. I also built ANOTHER lamp post and this one illuminated a warning sign in regards to the jumping spider and I put this lamp post near the path towards the back yard where I had the jumping spider sitting in the corner.

The dry run night took a long time since I also put some more finishing touches on the display. But eventually everything was done and ready to go. Due to the weather and the possibility of theft, many props I pulled back in for the night. Staging them for a swift setup for Halloween

Ok, so the next day was Halloween and the forecast predicted rain late in the day with a possibility of a light shower here or there. The bulk of the rain and even wind was due later in the evening. I was estimating that I should be long packed up by that time and didn't take any further weather precautions as I didn't want to waste time setting up. I just hoped it wouldn't rain hard.

Being that I had everything set up the night before, set up took a bit quicker on Halloween. It was very humid out and I started to sweat like crazy...even though I wasn't wearing a jacket. Everything setup without a hitch and by 3:30 I was ready to go. My display was going to run from 4:00pm to 8:30, but already at 3:00pm I had noticed quite a few TOTs out and I decided NOT to take a break and just open up and get the show on the road. LET THE FUN BEGIN!!!

My wife was taking my twin boys around the block to Trick Or Treat while I was getting underway with the Magic Mirror. Initially it started out good and soon my wife came back and I had given her prior instructions to just go outside and keep and eye on things while taking some still/video footage with our camera.

Since I was in the vestibule and the Singing Pumpkins were to the left of the Magic Mirror, I didn't feel a need to have the Mirror's ambiance track on, so the only sound that came out of the Magic Mirror's speakers was my voice. The singing pumpkins provided the music for the night. Sadly because my wife wanted to stay out of the way of approaching TOT's she hovered around the side where the Singing Pumpkins were and as such you cannot really hear the interaction between myself and the TOTs in the videos :(.

Outside of that hiccup though, my wife did get pretty good coverage of the TOTs coming to the Mirror and checking out the other attractions.

The jumping spider (which I named Spydro), I had situated on the right side of the Magic Mirror which was down a short path to the backyard. While I was in the vestibule working Vlen, I couldn't see the jumping spider or those getting scared by it, however, I could HEAR the spider AND those screaming from within the vestibule. Initially though, I noticed that I didn't hear the Jumping Spider and no one really went down the path to the back yard to check it out EVEN though there was a sign right there! So I started to have 'Vlen' mention the spider to TOTs and IF and only IF they want to be scared to go down the path towards the back. That did the trick and then TOTs WERE going down the path. My wife did get some good footage of some adults getting scared by the spider. A couple of times a kid would go down there and I would hear the spider being triggered and they would run right past me screaming. I would just have Vlen say, "Oh, looks like Spydro got another one!" Sometimes I had to stop myself from chuckling like a magpie while I was in the vestibule, but it was hard not to. I just kept thinking to myself that I should have introduced scares LONG ago.

The Singing Pumpkins were a big hit too with entire families taking pictures in front of the pumpkins. I saw this afterwards on the video and it was a nice thing to see that people did appreciate the pumpkins enough to take pictures of their families by it. I have included this video clip below.

Before you know it, it started to get dark and I lit the whole place up. I got a few ooohs and ahhhs when I did that :). While not many people mentioned my 'flickering' light, I did notice in some video clips that when the light flickered, it did turn people's heads.

In terms of the TOTs. I mostly had families and small children, but there were about a half a dozen groups of teenagers that showed up.
I didn't have any large lines this year, but people came in large 'clumps' instead. I had some gatherings outside of the yard by the fence but really no large lines this year. I don't know why that was the case. I went through about 3 three large bags of candy and by 7:30 I announced (to my family) I was opening the last bag. Since I didn't have chips for the older kids as I did in the past, I was giving them TWO pieces of candy. So I quickly estimated that I had about 70 to 90 TOTs at that point. Now it seems like as soon as I opened that last bag, a magic spell was released and like a brick wall, no more TOTs showed up! I thought back to prior years and I had noticed that around 7:30pm it just drops off in my neighborhood. I waited until 8:00pm and I got a pair of kids then, but after them I decided to start to pack it in.

I started slowly by removing my signs and the fences I put up. But I left the Magic Mirror and Singing Pumpkins running. I was in the process of taking down the Jumping Spider when one more family showed up. So I ran inside and ran the Magic Mirror for them. That was my final group for the night. Once they were gone it was about 8:15pm and I began a mad dash to start wrapping up for the night. Not only was I under the gun because my kids had school the next day and needed to get to bed, BUT I still had that thought looming over my head that the sky would open up as I was dismantling everything.

Tear down took a bit longer than expected because I lined everything up in 'staging' areas to be put away another time. My main goal was to get the Jumping Spider and Singing Pumpkin display down before it rained. The lamp posts CAN handle some rain, but I feared more that they would 'walk', so they went inside too. All the while I was taking things down, I was sweating like crazy. By the time I was done at 9:45...I was out of breath and drenched. In the last half hour my wife pitched in as well to get some of the props in the house. The only thing I left out were the string lights and the facade for the pumpkins which I know would be able to handle the bad weather. After that I had to dismantle the Magic Mirror's computer and sound system and pull that in too. But by 9:45 it was all done and everyone was tired and we finally went home. (For those not in the know, I have continued to put on my Halloween Display at my parent's home even though I have not lived there since 2011).

Now I for the best part. I have below some pictures and links to some of the raw video for my Display:

Dry run narrative (night before 10-30-13):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXM8QHjPtJk

Halloween night (10-31-13):
This video is a group of teenagers, near the end a girl gets scared when I just MENTIONED the spider.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXK_5yiu2Yw

This video is a group of kids with a couple adults, pay close attention to the woman in the orange top:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUE7LG2IvyA

This video is of a large group of mostly families. Most people are taking pictures by the Singing Pumpkins, but take careful note of the skittish person in the Jets football jersey:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEUooUj5H_c

This is a video taken of a small group at night. This was the only video in which you can readily see my 'flicker lamp':
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tbrs540jNGU

This video is just my family goofing off near the end of the night and here I trigger the jumping spider for my sons:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-IdG-B6fXM

I have also uploaded some pictures for your enjoyment (see attached):

While packing up, I was going through the amount of work it was to put on my display and since my display is primarily outdoor based, I started to think about the troubles I been having with the weather and the anxiety alone is tough to deal with. ALWAYS I am on pins and needles in regards to the weather. Another thing is that my parent's are in their late 70's and I got the dubious question from my dad if this was going to be the last year I was going to put on my display at their house. I had to think on that question hard for a while and even though I had not made a decision about that after. I gave it more serious thought last night and I am probably going to make 2014 my last year. Mainly it is because in 2014 Halloween falls on a Friday and I am expecting a later running night since kids do not have to go to school the next day. Theoretically it could be my biggest Halloween yet. But given the weather issues if I am going to do something next year at my parent's house, I am going to have to rethink everything and work completely around the weather by going to assume it will be BAD weather again next year. As such, I have been thinking about moving the display to the back yard where I have a large awning over a patio. The awning is rougly 15 ft by 25ft. It isn't a very large space but I certainly could set up a sizable display back there. Furthermore there is a large double sliding door that I could make us of for a scare.

I thought about doing some kind of Mad Scientist Lab since I already have a ton of electrical and electronic items to work with. However, I am lacking on an idea of how I should hand out candy. Also I am lacking an idea on how to separate the scares from the family friendly side of things. Given that I want to be more out and about that night, I had made the decision that since I ran the Magic Mirror for four years, I am NOT going to do it next year. Instead, I am going to move the Singing Pumpkins into the vestibule where I hold the Magic Mirror, so this way it is completely under cover.

That said I am curious as to thoughts to what others might have in regards to my situation. Furthermore I am curious as to how or what I should do to pull off a good Mad Lab or other attraction under that awning.

So with that I draw to a close here for 2013. The only thing I probably will add to this thread is a more refined video as I do have quite a bit of coverage this year and I would like to edit something together. But for now enjoy the raw videos and pictures.

I hope everyone else had a good Halloween.

We will see what happens for 2014.

Geo

Attachments

·
Registered
13,769 Posts
Nice job. I have always wanted to include a Magic Mirror from the first time I saw one here on the Forum. I love your last photo especially. You can only imagine what the kids are thinking. I like how you used that small porch doorway for your "behind the curtain" area. Even here in California I worry every year what the weather will bring so having an enclosed area is like gold.

I was contemplating using one of my jumping spiders this year for my haunted hotel, thought it fit in with cobwebs and such, but decided not to. I did have problems last year with some lanterns that had an eye and didn't have enough overall light to sense kids passing right by so not surprised I guess that your spider gave your problems like that. It is a challenge on props like that to provide enough lighting but still maintain a darker, spookier atmosphere. As I recall someone last year was saying their spooky phone suffered from the same issue. Plus you also have to be mindful of creating a path that will cause them to pass between the light source and the prop.

I am curious how you got your signs printed. They look rather large format.

Glad that with all the weather back eastward that you had a good halloween night.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice job. I have always wanted to include a Magic Mirror from the first time I saw one here on the Forum. I love your last photo especially. You can only imagine what the kids are thinking. I like how you used that small porch doorway for your "behind the curtain" area. Even here in California I worry every year what the weather will bring so having an enclosed area is like gold.
Thank you. The Magic Mirror was the first thing I did back in 2009 and it was also the only thing. From there I expanded on the display to what you see here. The thing is that even though that enclosed area it still is very small. Expanding out into the yard was the only way to go, but as I have found out over the years...working an outside haunt has its difficulties. Over the years I have been doing this, the odds seem to be in the favor of bad weather.

As of this year I pretty much outgrew the capability of that yard and myself. This year it was the taking the extra items in and worrying about how the weather will be that is taking a toll on me. I simply need a larger enclosed area or I have to completely rethink things out so what whatever I put outside CAN handle the bad weather.

Now as you probably could see from the 'Stop' sign and lamp post above, the backyard DOES have a large awning over the patio. I have been thinking about making use of this for 2014. But it will require a revamp of the whole display. Since I been doing the Magic Mirror for 4 years now, I think I would like to do something were I am more up and about and could mingle more. So giving it much thought last night as I was packing things up, I think I am going to skip the Magic Mirror next year and move the singing pumpkins into that small vestibule. Then I can put whatever main attraction I want to do under that awning in the back yard.

I was contemplating using one of my jumping spiders this year for my haunted hotel, thought it fit in with cobwebs and such, but decided not to. I did have problems last year with some lanterns that had an eye and didn't have enough overall light to sense kids passing right by so not surprised I guess that your spider gave your problems like that.
Really? I guess then it isn't an issue with the spider, but rather a design flaw. Yeah, the spider worked great on it's own, but as it got dark it wouldn't work anymore. When I wanted to examine the sensor, I shown a flashlight on it and the spider triggered. I soon quickly discovered that the spider needed some kind of ambient light in order to work. I first put a light on the sensor and off to the side. That did help, but the spider would still not fire properly. It was then that I got the idea to use a light as sort of a 'break beam' sensor. So I put the light ACROSS the path and shown it into the spider's pen right directly on the eye. Now when someones legs passed through the light, boom! It triggered flawlessly.

Last night I also did notice that the spider would just trigger itself on it's own without anyone near it.

It is a challenge on props like that to provide enough lighting but still maintain a darker, spookier atmosphere. As I recall someone last year was saying their spooky phone suffered from the same issue. Plus you also have to be mindful of creating a path that will cause them to pass between the light source and the prop.
That is what I discovered and putting the light across the path seemed to be the solution. At least it worked, that was the main thing.

I am curious how you got your signs printed. They look rather large format.
They ARE a large format 11 x 17 to be precise. I used Corel Draw to make the signs up using various clipart I found on the web. This was printed on a standard 8.5 x 11 sheet of paper. I took this to the local Staples and they enlarged it to 11 x 17 and I also had the nicer signs laminated to protect against the rain.

Glad that with all the weather back eastward that you had a good halloween night.
Yeah, I thanked the heavens that the weather DID hold up to not only have a good night but also that I wasn't trapped outside scrambling to get everything inside while it was raining out. THAT would have been awful. As it is, I stopped at 8:15 and I was done packing up at 9:45. So it took an hour and half to get everything that wasn't weather proof / theft proof into the house. Could you imagine that it would have been raining out? THAT is why I was out there last night, sweating my buns off and I really began to think things over in regards to how I am going to handle future Halloweens. Since it is (for the most part) just me doing all the setting up and taking down (my wife did help for the last half hour though), I NEED to make things easier on myself.

But yeah, all in all it did turn out to be a decent night.

I just said to my husband how I wanted to do a magic mirror for next year. Looks great.
It is not very difficult to do. The hard part is to make up a good facade and devise a candy delivery system. The website that offers the digital puppet is Imagineerieing.com. It works off of a standard Windows based computer. I found out that slightly older machines work well enough. I been using an outdated Compaq desktop computer since 2009. Works well! prior to this year I had also been using the same computer to provide background music through the Magic Mirror speakers, but since I had the singing pumpkins right next to the vestibule, THAT provided the music. Another reason why I didn't use the background music was that it was that spooky Midnight Syndicate stuff and I was worrying that is what was scaring some of the young kids into coming closer to the mirror. But that wasn't the case. I had about 3 or 4 kids this year that wouldn't approach the mirror. I just gave out an extra piece of candy for a parent or older sibling to give to them.

I do highly recommend the Magic Mirror as I get complements on it all the time. Even though I don't intend on doing it for 2014, I am certainly going to go back to it for 2015.

Geo

·
Registered
13,769 Posts
Geo on the spider triggering, I don't think it's a design flaw, just the type of sensors out there whether for a driveway alert system or a halloween prop, and I'm pretty sure Tekky made the spider prop with both a light (motion) sensor and a sound sensor, to get him triggered more often. So if there's not enough light to pick up motion, if the person makes enough noise it will trigger. Sounds like that's why maybe he got set off when no one was around...maybe noise from kids screaming and such in the neighborhood or from some other noise source like a motocycle? Something to keep in mind if you put him too close to another prop like the singing pumpkins or any prop that makes noises. Where I plan to put my spider I will have electricity that can be run to that area so this year picked up an optional adapter. The spider can also be triggered by an optional foot pad if lighting is low and people are moving thru quietly, so a few different options to trigger him. It's really not a bad prop at all and probably the one that will get the most screams in my yard.

I bought my first spider during the season and picked up a second one at half off last year. My plan when I do a jungle theme will to have the ToTers maybe expecting the first spider but really get surprised by the second, hidden from view better or around a corner. If you have any extra money and a Spirit near you, now would be a good time to add a second if you think you could use it. Good time to pick up Try Me buttons and Step Pads if you can still find them.

The thought of enlarging a print never occured to me! Duh....

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Geo on the spider triggering, I don't think it's a design flaw, just the type of sensors out there whether for a driveway alert system or a halloween prop, and I'm pretty sure Tekky made the spider prop with both a light (motion) sensor and a sound sensor, to get him triggered more often. So if there's not enough light to pick up motion, if the person makes enough noise it will trigger. Sounds like that's why maybe he got set off when no one was around...maybe noise from kids screaming and such in the neighborhood or from some other noise source like a motocycle? Something to keep in mind if you put him too close to another prop like the singing pumpkins or any prop that makes noises.
Well, that is interesting to know. I thought it was only detection of a change in light, but now that you mentioned it, I do remember tapping the spider on the head and that too would trigger it. I chalked it up as to being due to the motion of the spider moving AFTER I tapped it. But I did have the spider by its lonesome off the far corner. I put it there because I didn't want little kids to accidentally set it off. I really meant the prop for older kids, teens and adults...hence the signs. But, yeah, every so often the spider would just go off on it's own. Well, now I know not to put it near any other noise producing props. But using that light as a 'break beam' in addition to illuminating the spider was a good idea. It did reliably trigger when someone walked by there for the whole night.

Where I plan to put my spider I will have electricity that can be run to that area so this year picked up an optional adapter. The spider can also be triggered by an optional foot pad if lighting is low and people are moving thru quietly, so a few different options to trigger him.
Yes, I did read that you can hook up the foot pad to it and in the Spirit store, that is how they had one set up. But they did have one on the motion sensor and that is the one that got my family and I the first time I saw the spider which was last year.

It's really not a bad prop at all and probably the one that will get the most screams in my yard.
I think it is an excellent prop as it seems to have a good track record (not as many failures as other Tekky props) and it does give a good scare. I always say that if it can scare me, it is good. I wanted the spider to add to my display, but back then it was $80. So I went back the day after Halloween and ended up getting the spider on the 50% off sale. The battery compartment was missing the screw and didn't stay closed very well, so they gave me an additional discount. I ended up walking out of Spirit paying $34 for that spider. But the missing screw DID bite me in the rear end and luckily the problem showed up during one of my dry runs so I was able to fix it before Halloween. Last night it was flawless though. Worked pretty well.

And so I will say it time and time again to anyone that has a good size display or one that a lot of time was put into it. ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS, do a dry run through and check everything the night before.

I bought my first spider during the season and picked up a second one at half off last year. My plan when I do a jungle theme will to have the ToTers maybe expecting the first spider but really get surprised by the second, hidden from view better or around a corner. If you have any extra money and a Spirit near you, now would be a good time to add a second if you think you could use it. Good time to pick up Try Me buttons and Step Pads if you can still find them.
Well, as you probably read above, Halloween 2014 is pretty much going to be up in the air for next year. I also went over budget this year...AGAIN and as such I didn't go to Spirit's 50% off sale today as I initially planned.

I was going to kick around changing my theme to an Evil Carnival and go to Spirit and cash in on some items related to that theme, but one of my son's had a bad run in with a clown prop at the local amusment park when we went to its haunted midway. In addition given to what I mentioned about the weather above, I decided to put the Evil Carnival on hold.

During the course of yesterday and today I did make some decisions about Halloween 2014 at that location:

1) It will probably be my last Halloween there.
2) I want to make use of the area under the big awing over the patio
3) I want to get out and mingle more, so no Magic Mirror next year.
4) I will do the singing pumpkins again, but move them into the vestibule where I had the Magic Mirror so IT will be covered as well.

As for a decision on what I am actually going to do...well, it is going to be a year from now, so I am not in any rush, but I had always wanted to do a Mad Scientist lab. But in the past I considered something like that for a full walkthrough and I don't have room under that awning for that. I COULD split the area in half and make two 'rooms', but that is the best I can do under there. One thing is for certain is I don't want to deal with the anxiety of dealing with bad weather any more.

The thought of enlarging a print never occured to me! Duh....
Staples has been a BIG help, but you have to go there during their slow times. If you go when it is busy, you can be waiting a LONG time. Also it can get pricey. I had six signs enlarged and laminated and it cost me $20, which isn't too bad if you are going to use the signs over and over again, which you can do when they are laminated. I had some signs which were meant JUST for this year. I just made a good call in laminating them as I did fear that we might get hit with bad weather again. Sure enough it was in the forecast, but luckily the rain held up.

Geo

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hello All!

Ok, day 2 after Halloween and I went back to my parent's house today at 1:00pm to finish taking down my Halloween display. It took a pretty long time as not only did I have to finish removing the items outside, but I also took down the Magic Mirror too. THEN everything had to be packed away for next year.

I was worried that some items might still be wet since it rained yesterday, but everything was dry except for a small patch of water that collected on the tarp that I had over the Singing Pumpkin display. I just spilled that off, dryed the wet spot and put the tarp away. It was warm out so I was able to get things in the house quickly. I did get stopped a couple times by my neighbors to comment on the display. So I chatted with them a bit as I was in no rush to put everything away. I usually never like that part though. It is always more fun to set things up. The part that took the long time was getting everything packed back into the boxes.

By the time 8:00pm rolled around, I was tired and stopped for the day. Luckily I have about 95% of everything all put away. I still have to dismantle the flicker lamp, put away the computer that controlled the Singing Pumpkins and I also have to put away the Jumping Spider.

Tomorrow I am just going to rest up and I probably will post some more pictures here. After that I have to gear up for the next holiday...Christmas. And yeah, I do a display for that as well, albeit, not as involved.

The magic mirror is awesome!
Thank you. Even though the original idea isn't mine, the facade around the mirror I did build myself (with help from those here in the forum of course). Back when the Magic Mirror came out, the norm was to create some kind of brick or stone faced facade. Naturally I wanted to do something different. In addition there were storage issues so I needed something that could 'fold up' easily. So I came up with a totally material based facade that used mostly curtains. With the exception of the the computer and the lower table area, everything, including the side black out cloth, fits in one large box.

Given the amount of work I put into the Singing Pumpkins, I thought that display was better than the Magic Mirror, however, the TOT's STILL preferred the Magic Mirror.

Geo

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hello All,

I was just now on You Tube and I was comparing this year's Halloween with the prior years I have posted. I noticed how far I had come with the display over the years. Keep in mind though, I don't have a posting for 2010 as I believe that coverage might still be on my old video camera. I recently located it so I have to go through it. But you still have 2009, 2011, 2012, and this years displays to check out and compare:

http://www.youtube.com/user/jukingeo/videos

Enjoy!

Geo

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
More Pics

Hello All,

I was checking out some more of the pictures of Halloween and I found a few more I would like to share.

1) The first one is a wide shot of my entire Singing Pumpkin display. I must have overlooked this when I posted the first batch
2) Next are some more TOTs coming up to the Magic Mirror (surprisingly I don't have many pictures of TOTs, mostly video footage).
3) This is just one of 6 pairs of 'eyes in the bushes', or in this case a pine tree. You can also see part of my lighted spider web.
4) This is my temporary fence I put up along with my "Witch Way To The Candy" quip sign. I had three such signs that say different things. I think another one said, "What do you call a goblin, on crutches: A hobblin goblin". The third one was a Mummy joke, but I don't fully remember it
5) This is a closeup of the Magic Mirror and flicker candles.
6) This is a wider shot of the Magic Mirror as well as some other props at night. It was at the end of the night and my boys were just 'chillin' in front of the Mirror. It was after 7:30pm at this point and we were goofing around a bit.

All in all it was a good night. I probably will still put together an edited video that has additional footage from Halloween, but it will be a bit.

Today we took the decorations down that I have here in my apartment. Thus it is official. Halloween 2013 is over.

Until next year...

Enjoy!

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts