Halloween Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys!

Please take a minute to check out the video below of my yard. I really want to go over the top without spending a ton of cash. Oh the other thing, I am artistic but NOT handy... I get the concept that a hammer hits a nail, and a drill screws in a screw but that's about where it ends.

I am thinking of adding ghosts next year wandering around the cemetery, but it just feels like it is missing something!

Please help!

Thanks guys and happy haunting! :D

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Doto! I agree it needs more light, I was also thinking of putting a path in the yard and dividing it into 3 sections, more like little scenes you can walk through. Would love to find an easy way to create a fence or a lighted path... I do need more stones too...

Great advice!

·
Insert Witty Comment Here
4,484 Posts
Thanks Doto! I agree it needs more light, I was also thinking of putting a path in the yard and dividing it into 3 sections, more like little scenes you can walk through. Would love to find an easy way to create a fence or a lighted path... I do need more stones too...

Great advice!
Do you understand saws? If so, I don't know how much fence you need but you can cut regular fence pickets in half then screw them to 1x3 boards that are 6 to 8 inches from the top and bottom. If you have a hill, which it doesn't look like, only use one screw at the top and bottom and you'll be able to have the fence slanted while the individual pickets ate straight up and down. As for a lighted path. Rope light. I use orange and the folks who Trick or Treat at my place seem to respect the path I lay out with the rope light.

As for your haunt, it looks awesome and I don't have any thing to add. I love your half buried caskets..If you made those, I would say you're pretty handy. Do you have a tutorial for them? Did you make the rocking granny?

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
Very nice collection of Props! Great haunt! Like Doto mentionned, maybe more stones, if you want to do a cemetary. Maybe planning a scene also, might be cool.

And more COWBELLS! You can't never have enough cowbells!

·
Far Away Eyes
3,354 Posts
Very nice collection of Props! Great haunt! Like Doto mentionned, maybe more stones, if you want to do a cemetary. Maybe planning a scene also, might be cool.

And more COWBELLS! You can't never have enough cowbells!
LMAO, "Cowbells!!!!" You are off to a great start in 2013, my friend. Got me laughing already.

The haunt is super creepy, as is the music on the vid. I think you already have it nailed, but agree with the other suggestions about lighting, etc.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
You have very good props. I would move some of the larger ones out further in the yard with front or back lighting and, fog, you need fog out in the yard too. Great work just keep moving stuff around until you feel good with location.

·
Blue Pill? or Red Pill?
4,090 Posts
I'm no pro at this like some of the "big guys" here, but I love all your props--but it seems to lack a flow or a theme. I think with some rearranging,lighting it well, you can create/highlight different vignettes instead of placing them everywhere. I think you don't need to buy or make anything - you definitely have it all. Just the right placement/flow to unite it all is really all you need. Great job.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Do you understand saws? If so, I don't know how much fence you need but you can cut regular fence pickets in half then screw them to 1x3 boards that are 6 to 8 inches from the top and bottom. If you have a hill, which it doesn't look like, only use one screw at the top and bottom and you'll be able to have the fence slanted while the individual pickets ate straight up and down. As for a lighted path. Rope light. I use orange and the folks who Trick or Treat at my place seem to respect the path I lay out with the rope light.

As for your haunt, it looks awesome and I don't have any thing to add. I love your half buried caskets..If you made those, I would say you're pretty handy. Do you have a tutorial for them? Did you make the rocking granny?
This is a GREAT idea! I think I can handle a saw! LOL I have a friend who is a great builder who will be making me some pinch toe coffins for next year. Maybe I can convince him to cut some for me. I certainly can put it together.

The ground breaker coffins are not my creation, I really wish they were... They seem easy enough to make though. It is just a plywood front and back that was cut in the shape of a coffin with sides cut to fit. There are also heads inside that can be seen through the cross.

IMG_2971.jpg

IMG_2985.jpg

IMG_2976.jpg

IMG_2981.jpg

The rocking granny is not mine either. That is made by Distortions... Saw her on the TV show Making Monsters and had to get her.

Thanks for the great advice EVERYONE!!!

·
Insert Witty Comment Here
4,484 Posts
This is a GREAT idea! I think I can handle a saw! LOL I have a friend who is a great builder who will be making me some pinch toe coffins for next year. Maybe I can convince him to cut some for me. I certainly can put it together.

The ground breaker coffins are not my creation, I really wish they were... They seem easy enough to make though. It is just a plywood front and back that was cut in the shape of a coffin with sides cut to fit. There are also heads inside that can be seen through the cross.

The rocking granny is not mine either. That is made by Distortions... Saw her on the TV show Making Monsters and had to get her.

Thanks for the great advice EVERYONE!!!
Faces inside the coffins....even cooler.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts