Halloween Forum banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've decided to keep a log of my progress on my Haunt, including step-by-step tutorials on how I do certain things.

Unfortunately, I decided to start this log today, several weeks after starting construction on this years Haunt.

So, if you are in the mood for it, here is the link to the log that I am keeping for this years Haunt.

Halloween 2009 Haunt Log

And please feel free to reply to this thread with questions regarding my Haunt and I will post the answers in my log.

Thanks for looking!

P.S. - Sorry for the basic HTML guys. I'll update it with CSS when I get the chance.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Awesome!! You do a really good job. Plus your writing style makes it enjoyable to read. Can't wait to see how it turns out this year. Just one question. Why didn't your Pepper's ghost work?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the compliments!

I'll try to write up specific notes on why the Pepper's Ghost didn't work in todays log entry. I don't think I'll be getting much work done on the Haunt today because I have (count them) 3 different birthday parties to drag my kids off to. Ugh.

I had decided to write up some articles on specific things such as:
  • the Pepper's Ghost
  • Trent's Halloween Sound Machine
  • the hardware that I am using
  • the places that I go for incredible deals on building materials (hint: Lowes and The Home Depot are my LAST resorts)
  • various other topics

and post them on days when I don't get much work done on the Haunt, such as today.

I'll post a reply on this thread when the log has been updated.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Can't wait to see more. The type of haunt you're doing as well as what I saw from the past two years is what I like to see in a haunt. The classic haunted house theme. I don't know where you live but I know you're probably not close to me. I've been looking for someone to team up with that could teach me about all this stuff. I've been wanting to get into building things like this but don't have the skills. Even if I did, I don't really have the place to put on a haunt. So I come to the forum to enjoy what others are doing.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Fireplace looks great. I just know it'll be awesome when it's finished. I can't believe I'm the only one that's responding to this thread. Too bad you live so far away. I'd love to come by and be your apprentice. But I'm stuck here in good ole Armpit, PA. I don't know of anyone around here who really gets into Halloween. Not even in the neighboring towns, Bellybutton and Nostril.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I'm enjoying reading about the daily progress. I'll be away all next week and won't get to check the forum so I'll be looking forward to see what all gets accomplished during that time. Going to Florida for a week and I'll be spending a couple days at Disney. Can't wait to see the updates made to the Haunted Mansion. Woohoo!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Looks great. Now you can really get an idea as to how it's going to look. Can't wait to see all the progress you've made by the time I get back from vacation.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts