Halloween Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Halloween this year was such a dissapointment. My adventure start the night of october 30th, I was up ALL night finishing costumes for me and my friend Ruben. Long story short, I completely ran out of time and I had to go to school in the morning. I barely EVER cry, but I just felt so horribly worthless and dissapointed in myself that I broke down SOBBING. We had spent 300+ on supplies for these costumes and I couldn't even get them done. I had ordered a Killer Klowns from Outer Space costume, but it never came, so we had no backup plan. Luckily, the night before I started working on costumes, I sewed a straitjacket up to go with my Hannibal restraint mask I had bought for no reason. I figured that would be cool to wear to school, and I made it so I can restrain myself AND take the straitjacket off without anyones help. I got to school still crying and my teacher Andy talked to me and let me go home 2 hours early. He also make me laugh because of his 80's costume. So I get home and work on the costumes from 11:30 until 6pm. 6pm is the LATEST we could stay home. I didn't finish the costumes. I felt so so SO terrible. I can't even begin to explain. :( But, I did manage to make a cd and set up Hex and my Crypt Keeper near the window. As we were about to leave, we got two little ToT's to the door. One heard Hex laughing from down the street and refused to come in. She was 3 or 4 or so. She kept saying "I heard a scary! Is the scary gone? I heard a scary!" SO cute. I refused to turn Hex off for anyone, but I had Ruben turn him off so the little girl could get some candy.

So, we left and headed 30 minutes to Spirit Halloween store. It closed at 6! What the heck! Shouldn't a HALLOWEEN store be open late on HALLOWEEN? So, we go to Halloween Adventure. Right next to my house. Another 30 minute drive. They closed at 6! They wouldn't let us in, even though there were PEOPLE SHOPPING INSIDE! I only had $30 for a costume, I was going to get a Freddy Krueger sweater since I have the glove and a real vintage fedora. So we called Party City and YES! Greatest store EVER! They close at 9! We head down there and all their stuff is WIPED OUT. Shelves-empty. I could have got a cool creature reacher werewolf, but I didn't see him until I was leaving the store (he was only $30!). There were still some masks left, so I looked through and found a creepy evil clown mask with awesome orange hair....$25. But, knowing my clown obsession, I grabbed it anyway and one of the employees pointed out that it was on clearance...for FIVE DOLLARS! So I was able to get plastic clown shoes, evil clown gloves, and a squeaky mallet with a clown head on top. (We also found Chucky stress balls....in the shape of Chucky. We spent from 11-midnight sitting in the car smashing their faces in. SO FUNNY. Until Ruben made mine explode.) Ruben found a cool werewolf mask attached to a cardboard backing for $15. He already had a bunch of cool mad scientist garb in his car. When he took the werewolf mask off the cardboard he noticed there was a pair of shackles included with it! So he wore his werewolf with his mad scientist stuff and I wore my clown stuff with my straight jacket.

We decided to not just wear our costumes, but to make characters out of them. We gave them certain traits that really seemed to impress people. For example, Ruben was walking around hunched over peering around corners and at people, then standing straight and giggling. He talked in this awesome semi-high pitched voice. Then my clown got the name of 'Chuckles, the Silent But Deadly Clown'. He walked behind the werewolf lifting his feet really high and swinging his arms. When he was sitting he'd tap his feet and rock back and forth. And he kept bonking people over the head with the mallet.

So werewolf and Chuckles, aka. Ruben and I, headed down to Belmont Park. LATE. We were supposed to get there at 8, we got there at 9. It closed at 10. But it was already closed! How lame! So we went to find a bathroom and started getting harrassed by this guy dressed like a jester and some gangsters who kept asking me for my gloves and making fun of us and stuff. We heard them following us and were afraid we were going to get jumped because they seemed like they were hopped up on something, so we pretty much ran out of there and went home. We got out of Mission Bay and found Monster Manor in Mira Mesa. The line was HUGE so we just went and ordered pizza and just hung out together for the rest of the night....you know, sitting there making out Chucky stress-guys all ugly and stuff. We almost threw up from laughing so hard at that. Ruben owes me one because he stretched mine too far and Chucky shot across the room and snapped in half. :rolleyes:

But anyway. Here's some pictures of my non-epic failure adventure....of doom.

He's plotting what horrible things he'll do to you.

That smile is so sinister!

Those shoes were all bashed up before the night was over.

Bye bye Crypt Keeper.

Chuckles looks good with the restraint mask on.

Group picture! Uh...group of two.

*bonk*!

And finally...

...Chuckles looks like he's had a rough night.

Overall, it was fun. Even though we didn't DO anything because everything was closed! But I LOVE running around as a clown. SO many people are coulrophobic! It's hilarious! Not to mention I was with Ruben all night and he's hilarious. So it was pretty fun, but let me tell you this...

PROCRASTINATION GETS YOU NOWHERE.

Goal for this upcoming year: Start costumes at least 3 months before October. Or at least BUY them early enough. DON'T wait until the week of Halloween to do them!

"Oh I just can't wait until next Halloween! 'Cause I've got some new ideas that will really make them SCREAM and my God! I'm really going to give it all my MIGHT!"

364 days left 'till next Halloween.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here's the rest of the pictures!

My doggy, Lydia looks more evil than the werewolf!

He's wearing goggles...with flip-up lenses!

D'awww look at him. What a cute little puppy.

He's going to eat you. Run!

The dark abyss ate the edge of this picture.

Uh oh. He's watching you.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Awesome costumes!!! All that matters is you got to spend Halloween with someone that made it fun and you got to laugh until you almost puked... Isn't that what it's all about anyway??? Hang in there!!!

·
Registered
13,904 Posts
I thought the costumes looked terrific. Wasn't expecting much when I clicked on them because you had so much trouble getting something at the last minute.

I totally know how you felt about not completing stuff. I had similar props I had wanted to complete, had the plans down ahead of time, got all the supplies bought and was way behind as the days counted down. Expected more help from my husband but he's not into Halloween so wasn't motivated when I was to do stuff. Ended up way under supplied for the ToTers and hubby had to go twice to the store. Despite rain and Plan B however, I consider this year still a success and vowed to myself that I'm starting early for 2009. Heck I'm ahead already since I've got the supplies already bought for most of it.

BTW your friend Ruben sounds like a keeper and a lot of fun to have around. Good friends make such a difference when you're feeling low. Glad you had a nice Halloween after all.

·
Banned
6 Posts
Those costumes are great. When I was younger there was a place in Palm Beach, FL called Southern Ornaments. The had all the top rate costumes for the time, like authentic California Raisins cosutmes and professional make-up. Now that I can afford all that cool stuff it is gone. I know, there are great things on the net, now. I just loved that shop. I am thinking aobut making my own masks.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Sorry to hear you had troubles getting everything together, but you pulled together some really great costumes! Sounds like you ended up having fun though, and that's what counts!

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
7,087 Posts
Those costumes are actually pretty darn good!

I do think you both should be pleased with the effect - very creepy and unique!:)

(sorry you had so much trouble!)

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the replies. We had a lot of fun, and we're going back to Party City today to get another squeaky hammer, squishy Chucky, and maybe a water-squirting flower. :p

·
Registered
27 Posts
I'm so Glad We got to hang out this Halloween even through all the crap we had sop much fun!!!! Not to mention how awesome our last minute Back up costumes came out! I loved it! I loved my Werewolf Madscientist costume! I mean it really is a good Comprimise to Being a Mad Scientist WereRaccoon! Wouldnt you agree! And you Insane Clown Costume looked so awesome! too bad we couldnt get those rubber evil clown shoe covers, those would have looked so much cooler but the red plastic things did the trick just fine! Sorry about ripping that retarded Little Chucky thing though! XD GOD THOSE THINGS ARE THE MOST HILLARIOUS THINGS IN THE WERLWD!!!! XD i'll get you another one today i promise! I was really happy that in the end we actually did have TONS of fun with our back up last minute costumes though! we look so awesome!!!! =D However, just like you said, "You must believe me when i tell you this! It's as real as my Skull and it DOES Exist! Here Let me show you!" PLAN YOUR NEXT HALLOWEEN NOW! XD Don procrastinate cause even though, we managed to pull through by Miracle, It could have been a complete Failure and Halloween as we know it, could have Vanished Forever!...or...at least this year for us anyways! XD I hope everyone has a Grand Halloween Next Year! HAPPY DAY AFTER HALLOWEEN! AH HA HA HA HA HAAA!!!!

*Teleports away with a big Flash of Green Smoke...*

·
Imperial Hybrid (7)
706 Posts
I am thinking love story here .....anybody else? LOL !
Great Costumes, and after all that .....
I will be interested to see what 2009 holds for you two !
Great looking scary demon dog too !

·
jester girl
18,185 Posts
hhmmm, procrastination, isn't that how you lost the groom? but it looks like you both had a great time. don't count on halloween next year being anything but hectic again. but i bet you will have a great time then also.

·
How about a magic trick?
1,002 Posts
Well, at least you laughed so hard, you almost puked!!

Sorry to hear of all your troubles.

See, this is why I started to get everything I needed for Halloween ( costume pieces, party decorations, planning party ) in the middle of August.

People I spoke to thought I was crazy (OK, I know I am a little bit, but who isn't on this board?) I'm not crazy. I'm not.

Anyway....yeah, I learned a long time ago, "never put off until tomorrow what you can do today."

At least you had some laughs and spent Halloween w/ someone I think cares about you??

Maybe??

IDK...just speculating...anyway, I'm starting again next August...gotta re-dye my long coat a deeper purple....wow...fun.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
I think you are way too hard on yourself (and lack of sleep can mess us all up pretty bad). Looks like you used some ingenuity and came up with effective costumes - way to go!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Halloween wa very fun for all its tiny disasters! And just for those of you who are wondering,

1.) I'm Ruben, the guy in the MAd Scientist Werewolf Costume!
2.) I'm Actually Isabella's X boyfriend (we never ment to break up, but time wasnt on ou side, that was a few years ago)
3.) And Yes, i DO love miss Isabella with ALL my heart and always have, even after we broke up! Were Are hoping to Atually get together for real this time, in like 6 months from now, on her 18th birthday! =) I hope that she says ye when i ask her out! =D

But all in all halloween was awesome and i cant wait until next Halloween! we havent started Planning our next Halloween costumes or anything, but i can Assure you, that it WILL be awesome! =) -Count Ramsely Von Olaf

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
I absolutely get it. When your plans don't work out the way you want, it is EXTREMELY disappointing. BUT, when you refuse to quit and keep improvising to plan "B", then "C" , then etc ... to find a way to salvage the night!!! ... well THAT can sometimes be better and more satisfying than if everything had gone perfectly from the start.

Looks like you had a good time in the end. Hope your plans for next year result in an even better time. :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts