Halloween Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With a new baby in the family I don't have the time to setup the driveway/garage/yard walkthru of the last 4 years; 500+ patrons per year. I still want to do something as not to disappoint and remind people that stromgren manor will be back and bigger.better than ever in 2010...

here are my thoughts for this year...would love your thoughts!

http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m204/stroms7/halloween09setup.jpg

Thanks and happy halloween!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Wow! You really have quite the set up. And I love how organized you are with your planning, I'm the same way sometimes.
It all looks great to me. :D

·
The Great Crazy
42,937 Posts
First congrats stroms07!! I think you will still have a great Halloween display for 2009! The pic shows to me that you still have a lot going on! I dont think your going to disappoint the fans this year!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks...any suggestions on what movie to play or how to better setup my 'haunt' this year?
in years past we have played abbott and costello meet frankenstien...leaning towards an old black and white horror movie again - generally do not use sound and kind of want to stick with that plan as we play spooky sounds throughout the haunt...

but would love to hear how i could better setup my haunt...thanks!

·
Registered
597 Posts
That should be a nice setup although there is no lighting design, but I assume you have that taken care of. What type of signature character props do you use (your own, Gemmy etc.).

As far as the movie goes:

Animation: Monster House

Drive In classics: The Blob, Them, etc.

Classics: Wolfman, Frankstein meets the Wolfman, Dracula etc.

These would be the best bets due to the circumstances IMHO. Sure I would like to have Halloween running, but with the R-rating that would be a bad choice.

Post some photos once the setup is complete

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks everone for all your kind words...we generally have between 15-20 scare-actors within the haunt and a full walk thru. This will be alot easier setup as there will be not be any walls/hallways/passage ways ect to construct. I build 95% of my own props, i have purchased some masks from retail stores, other than that everything is made right at home!

so really ALL I have to build are the bodies for my props and get them dressed, i think jason is still fully dressed in the rafters from 08 lol. MIB,Guollotine,electric chair and coffin are already constructed. Look forward to a relaxing h2009 and get ready to go BIG in H2010!

Thanks for all the movie suggestions!

08 cast - http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m204/stroms7/34.jpg

·
Girl Gone Mad
1,638 Posts
Very nice and I have nothing to add for everyone else has said enough! Really cool!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts