Halloween Forum banner

Halloween '09 lasts 25 hrs....well, sorta

2K views 20 replies 20 participants last post by  kittyvibe 
#1 ·
This year the end of daylight savings time is Nov. 1, so on Halloween night we get to set our clocks back one hour. Technically it's supposed to end at 2 a.m. but I say when the clock strikes 12 on Halloween night we move our clocks back to 11 and hit the witching hour twice!;)

#19 ·
No but we have the advantage of it being darker much earlier on halloween.

Which i'd rather. 2am halloween night may technically be Nov 1st, but nobody pays attention to it being a new day until you wake up anyway.

By 2am i'll be extremely drunk in a bar and continuing my great halloween night!

#6 ·
I think Ruggerz is right..it's the 25th October here in Europe.

Never mind..It'll just save me from having to put away the haunt with a bigger than usual hangover.

#12 ·
Hallow... I recall a time when the city I lived in would not allow Halloween Trick or Treating to be held on Saturday or Sunday night! The town made the 2 hour mandatory treating start on a day or two prior to the real thing and then made it worse by setting the start at 5 PM. It never got dark! This happened in the 70's in upstate NY. Guess Woodstock caused the town elders to fear the worst on a weekend! Thank goodness 2009 is a full weekend of haunting!! Plus Daylight Savings Time -- Who could ask for anything more!! BOO!

#18 ·
Still I wish they would put our fall back an hour to the weekend BEFORE Halloween! It used to be dark by 6pm now it doesn't happen until 7pm GRRR!

Civil twighlight for me is:

Burton, MI:
Sunset 6:28 p.m.
End civil twilight 6:57 p.m.

check your stats here: Complete Sun and Moon Data for One Day

#21 ·
Im going to have to check on this for this year but last time I knew Bush implemented the time change in the fall to appear a week after halloween and to start again a week before it would actually end in the spring. Meaning we would have more weeks of ahead and less weeks of fall back. I thought he did this because he wanted us to use less energy, like lights, for nighttime, but it backfired as many people had to start work when it was dark out and thus had to use lights in the am anyway. Did he revert it back to the old way? Its like this in FL last time I checked, and I wish it would go back to the old way.

Also, we used to go out to clubs alot for the annual halloween party we had. Its kind of like Mardi Gras but halloween themed, and they used to stay open the extra hour but last time I checked they started doing last call normally and ignored the time change, so we didnt get the extra hour of party time. around 1998-2002 was last time I recall they added the hour but I noticed in 2003 on they didnt let us stay open.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.