Halloween Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so the last 4 years I have had the ever expanding haunted garage/yard walkthrough. Last year we had over 500 people come thru on halloween night.

Since this is a one man show like alot of you; you all know how much work it is, so i was planning on making this year; year 5 the biggest, best and last. But we had our first child this past week and I am just not going to have the time to do my 5th and final extraveganza. But i still want to put on a nice show without the 3 months of set up. And make something to remind eveyrone to come back in 2010 and experience my last horrah!

I was thinking of doing a movie theme, playing a classic horror film on my driveway, and build as many movie replica villians as I could and scatter them throughout the yard. along with still using my MIB, and a couple Shiatsu's + cemetery. but not have a walk thru with my 15-20 cast members like in years past. Thoughts? Suggestions? Feelings?

would love anyone and everyones input!

Thanks!
Happy Halloween

·
Reaper Queen
8,628 Posts
First off, congrats on you new little one!!

I can see why with a new baby it would be hard to put on too big a show this year, I would use alot of what I already had, an set up something from there on a smaller scale that other years, just using props, etc. the classic movie villains is always a good theme. Maybe post a sign announcing the new lil haunter, and next year will be back up to your usual, Then think about it for the next year, and decide if you really want to call it quits for good, or just scale down . I would hate to see you stop completely!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
halloween4ever , this was going to be the final haunt as storage is becoming a very big concern, and it is hard for me to justify 3 months of time to set up for 1 great night. It is just becoming too much for me, i truely love it and will do 1 more really big haunt in 2010. Then scale back; i'll keep all my goods incase i get the itch to go big again. I just need a break as does my wife :).

·
Lord of the Cemetery
2,081 Posts
Playing the classic horror flick is a great idea.
Instead of replica Movie villains which are a lot of work and difficult to store, what about making some tombstones, a few simple wooden crosses and a few groundbreakers and watch your Classic horror movies in your own graveyard?

To add to the Movie theme, some of the groundbreakers could be holding popcorn buckets, drinks cartons etc..:D

·
Registered
458 Posts
Playing the classic horror flick is a great idea.
Instead of replica Movie villains which are a lot of work and difficult to store, what about making some tombstones, a few simple wooden crosses and a few groundbreakers and watch your Classic horror movies in your own graveyard?

To add to the Movie theme, some of the groundbreakers could be holding popcorn buckets, drinks cartons etc..:D
Put the movie villains' names on the tombstones too.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
might take the tombstone idea into consideration, i like it; but i dont know if i need more tombstones, the 35 i already have are still looking for homes in the 'offseason' :)
i wouldn't store the new villians, i would just disasemble them, like i do all my props each offseason.
Thank you so much for all the comments/suggestions!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts