Halloween Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My halloween setup. I do this setup all by myself with some help from my parents. Im the one holding the chainsaw and im the one in the leatherface mask. The other kid is my friend. It stinks because we have a small yard but i can make do.
Thanks,
for looking

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
wow well you have done a very good job , nice to see younger halloweeniacs get involved as much and your parents are great to encourage you and help you out , thank you for sharing your pictures :) and hope you'll continue every year

·
Undead Handyman
556 Posts
It looks great! The trick is always to make the most of the space you have. You are lucky, my parents didn't do any Halloween decorating (beyond jack-o-lanterns) until after I had moved out of the house. If I'd been as inspired at your age who knows what horrors I'd be creating now.

·
Devilishly Dutch
5,920 Posts
Great job! Bet you loved scaring off the trick or treaters!
I see a very promising haunting future for you :)
And a tip, ok so you don't have a very big yard....BUT you have a great house with lots of windows! You could take advantage of that as well.

MsM

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
I am very impressed.

You are far beyond what I was doing at your age. Keep it up, and I bet you will have your own pro haunt some day.

One of the areas I focused in on early on and still do is atmosphere.

The right lighting and sound effects. Not overbearing, almost in the background a lot of the time so it blends in with real sounds and blurs the line between reality and ...well, whatever it is we do.

I try to be sure everything that people aren't supposed to see is hidden from view from all angles including the lightbulbs that light the display, etc. I try to make sure that sounds come from the right places. If I want a crow sound effect, I run that from a separate channel and put a speaker 20 feet up in a tree. Things like that.

I know you didn't ask for advice, but I am very impressed by what you are doing already and want to help if I can.

·
Imperial Hybrid (7)
706 Posts
OMG you are how old?
That is awesome!
I beg to differ with a few that said you "are on your way" to being a great haunter....
I think, your a pretty great haunter already !
I know my first set up (as an adult) wasn't half that good.
Nice to have supportive and helpful parents !
Are you serious about haunting .....all year long....or do you just get into during the October season? Couple of nice gemmy props, there too.
Thanks for sharing these....good to know that "we" haunters are all shapes, sizes and ages
You did a great job !

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
setting up for halloween is one of my favorite things to do, and i will always do for as long as i live. I love to scare trick or treaters with the chainsaw. I build props even when it is the christmas season lol. My parents help me set up the spiderwebs and they help me build some of the props. Every year we get about 75 kids maybe 100 or even more.

·
Going bump in the night..
3,388 Posts
Scary, you've done an excellent job!
That is a great setup.

Keep up the good work, and keep that creativity going!!

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yeah my favorite prop thAT I MADE IS MY HEADLESS man. When i have my chainsaw I act like i cut off its head.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Small Yard

I sympathize with you over having a small area in which to setup your display. I too have a small yard & must carefully plot out my haunt. Keep working at your craft and you will improve as you gain experience. Look for discarded foam (Egg crate foam mattresses are often tossed) to bulk up some of your dummies. Some foam, a little duct tape and/or spray adhesive goes a long way in changing an otherwise wimpy prop into one that is more menacing. You are well on the right track!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts