Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Happy Halloween Boys & Ghouls!

I'm looking for "Hallmark: The Sounds Of Halloween Cd (1986)". Does anyone happen to have this to share. Please & Thank You! :eek:

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I found a picture of the cassett on this link: http://www.halloweenforum.com/316404-post11.html

I want a cd-rip. Thanks! :D

just checked the link it says you have to be rapidshare pro to download it. hmmm I can get you this one I imagine it'll be similar to the one you one.

Hallmark Howl-O-Ween Sounds

here's what the cassette cover looks like.

Hallmark Howl-O-Ween Sounds (Cassette) RARE!!!! - eBay (item 300359908110 end time Oct-29-09 14:12:04 PDT)

let me know if it'll be any good :)

·
Registered
184 Posts
Howl-O-Ween was released on CD, but I've never seen the 1986 Hallmark Sounds of Halloween on CD. I don't remember anything on CD back then (heh-heh)...

·
Registered
1 Posts
That rapidshare link posted above by Halloween Sucks in the UK totally does the trick. It'll try and coax you into signing up for a premium account, but you can get it for free if you follow the right links and are patient with the throttled download speed.

The zip contains separate MP3's of the individual songs from the tape (ho-hum), as well as two long MP3 files containing the sound effects (the one I remember as Sounds of Halloween, along with another one called Howl-o-ween, also by Hallmark, with a lot of the same stuff). JPG's of the cover art for the two tapes as well, in case you're feeling REALLY nostalgic.

Thank heaven I finally found this posting. I think of this old tape every year at this time. In my book, it's still the best all-around loop of effects for playing when the little goblins will be coming to your door.

·
Registered
656 Posts
I'm glad it was still up! :) I lost it on my computer cause I had to clean my computer due to viruses. I always listen to this every Halloween, it gives me so many good memories of my childhood.

·
Registered
2 Posts
1986 Sounds of Halloween cassette

Howl-O-Ween was released on CD, but I've never seen the 1986 Hallmark Sounds of Halloween on CD. I don't remember anything on CD back then (heh-heh)...
Any chance the downloads are available still? I have been looking for this tape or a cd version for years and just stumbled across your thread here. Any help would be greatly appreciated, my kids would absolutely love this. I would gladly pay for a cd copy or mp3 to put on our computer.

Thanks,
Christina

·
Registered
184 Posts
This has never been released on CD. Maybe a bootleg, but not any official CD, that I am aware of.
Well I held it in my hands at a Hallmark store back then and I'm pretty sure they weren't selling bootlegs :)

·
Registered
184 Posts
Any chance the downloads are available still? I have been looking for this tape or a cd version for years and just stumbled across your thread here. Any help would be greatly appreciated, my kids would absolutely love this. I would gladly pay for a cd copy or mp3 to put on our computer.

Thanks,
Christina
Do you still need it?

·
Registered
384 Posts
In the past there's been a lot of discussion about Hallmark's Halloween cassette. But since I've found something new, I thought I'd bring it back up. Hallmark produced it's tape (and I guess later a CD) for four years, beginning with the first and rarest version, "Hallmark Presents The Haunting Sounds of Halloween" in 1986. This cassette had a haunted house drawing with a distinctive purple border on the cover, and both sides of the tape were identical. This was the first one I bought in an after-Halloween sale. It featured standard sounds like rain, thunder, beating hearts, screams, and bubbling cauldrons along with voice actors delivering a number of humorous lines, like “My! What an ugly costume!”; “Give us your treats or else!”; “Ha ha ha! Aren’t you a little big to go trick or treating?”; or my favorite, “Why didn’t you wear a mask? Oh, excuse me. I guess you did!” Add to this a few quotes from Dante and Shakespeare, and combine it with a dash of music from Bach (Toccata and fuge) John Williams (Theme from Universal’s 80s film version of “Dracula”) and some spooky synthesized stuff, and it was a tape that, as one of the female voice actors said, soon became my treat. When they brought the tape back in 1987 they shortened the name to "Hallmark Presents the Sounds of Halloween" and changed the cover to a photo of Dracula holding a hand cupped to his ear. The tape featured the same sound effects and voice actors but they dropped all the music but Bach. However, the 87 tape included a B side of music rather than repeating the same sound effects. It was a mix tape that included covers of "Ghostbusters," "Monster Mash," "Purple People Eater," and "Thriller". These were about Drews Famous quality. Rather than find a Michael Jackson impersonator, as I remember, the Hallmark version of “Thriller“ simply featured a female vocalist. The mix tape feature was abandoned in 1988 when the tape (and for the first time CD) came back as "Howl-O-Ween" with a purple cover featuring a wolf howling at an orange moon. Aside from the different cover, the tape featured the same sound effects and voices as “Sounds of Halloween”, although there were some reverb effects added to it in places. In 1989, however, the last year Hallmark produced a tape, they completely changed the effects, the script, the voice actors and actresses and added a musical B side featuring spooky instrumentals like the themes to the Munsters and the Twilight Zone among others.

Of the four, the most commonly heard and owned is the 1987 version. Most people had never seen or heard the original 1986 version. That’s why I was excited to bring this thread back into the light. Someone has posted the entire original “Hallmark Presents the Haunted Sounds of Halloween” on YouTube of all places, and here’s the link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=045DiOQVJZk&t=1654s

It even features the original cover art. Isn’t the web wonderful?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Has anyone got any proof that any of these 80’s Hallmark Halloween cassettes were also released on CD? A picture, advertisement, cd rip, etc?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts