Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
His name is Roger Clyne
10,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know it doesn't seem like it's time for Halloween let alone Christmas but Hallmark thinks otherwise because I just got an email that the Dreambook is out. The actual ornament premiere isn't until July 9.

http://catalogs.hallmark.com/publication/?i=296695&mc=T_E_M_NA_043016_CM_NA_KP_VA-DreamBook

This year we have Dr. Finklestein!

And unh...well...it says it's Rick Grimes. Well, at least last year they got Daryl right.:D

The Alien Queen

Happy "Owl"oween

Happy Halloween!

A second Dia de lose Muertos skull

Sweet Trick or Treater

Charlie Brown & Snoopy in "Trick or Treat?"

There's PLENTY more of course, but these are the ones I thought would fit this crowd. Of course there's plenty of Star Wars (old & new versions), Star Trek, Wizard of Oz, etc. etc. I don't see a Planet of the Apes one or another Universal Monsters one but there's plenty of time for them to announce or relase those. They may be part of a Halloween release instead, I don't know. Last year they weren't & the Daryl Dixon ornament got released later than the others a bit closer to Christmas.

·
His name is Roger Clyne
10,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Forgot to add that I will most likely buy almost all of these!!:D

Let's see, honestly, I'll probably skip Charlie Brown, the cute ToTer & the Alien Queen. I'd like to see the Alien Queen in person first though. But Finkelstein will DEFINITELY be in my basket next to whatever fire truck they've got this year even if I skip everything else.

I'm glad they're branching out in the NBC world. I'd love to see ALL the NBC characters get a Hallmark ornament eventually. There's enough in that movie to keep them going at it for years. Just Sally, the Vampires, the Mayor, Lock Shock & Barrel down to the toys, Santa, etc.

Surprised they've never done a Sally. Or did I miss her somewhere?

·
Moonlighter
2,593 Posts
Oh my gosh RCIAG, you made me so happy with this post! I'm definitely getting Dr. Finkelstein. And of course I have to get the little vampire toter in the pumpkin to go with the others in that line. The owl ornament looks like it will be gorgeous. I'm on the fence with the new day of the dead skull. It looks so similar to the other one I have that I might pass on that. Um, about Rick from the Walking Dead...I'm sorry but I think he looks more like the Brawny paper towel guy, LOL! I got Daryl last year, so I might get him too. You're right, Daryl was done really, really well (thank goodness!) Maybe I'll have to see the Rick ornament in person to appreciate him. Thanks for sharing. So exciting, can't wait! :)

·
His name is Roger Clyne
10,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was shocked to see this Hallmark Dream Book email this afternoon when I checked my email.

This also reminds me that one of the Hallmark stores near me is closing & I need to get in there & see what they've got left! I don't expect great sales since most of their stuff will go to other stores or straight back to Hallmark.

With their inclusion of Halloween ornaments I'm going to have to get a bigger Halloween tree or maybe a couple more!!

·
Registered
131 Posts
That Alien ornament is spectacular! I love those Dia de los Muertos ornaments-entirely too cute! The cat from last year (I think) was perfect! You could easily build a party theme around those ornaments!

·
His name is Roger Clyne
10,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They've got those too!

I love those little pumpkin diorama ornaments. I really am going to need either a bigger tree or a few more. I might do more instead because then I can put one in each room.

·
His name is Roger Clyne
10,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ornament Premiere is July 9-10!!

·
Registered
155 Posts
Sally is a limited release this year, should be released in October! My local Hallmark manager was super awesome and gave me the heads up, he also handwrote her in on my wishlist with Finklestein and the sugar skull!!

·
His name is Roger Clyne
10,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Only 2 weeks from tomorrow! I can'T WAIT!!

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Hallmark Dreambook page 69, The Nightmare Before Christmas Dr. Finklestein is a magic ornament. Press button to hear dialogue from the classic scene.
On page 85, Trick or Treat, the Peanuts gang is also a magic ornament. Pull the cord to see Snoopy move & hear spooky music.

·
His name is Roger Clyne
10,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
PREMIERE IS TOMORROW!

I even got a personalized call from my local Hallmark about it! I won't get there super early but I'll get there & spend way too much money.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I used to collect Peanuts xmas ornaments, but I can't afford $20+ per ornament anymore. I might buy the kid's tree for my toddlers to play with, but by the time you buy the tree & the ornaments to go on it, it's hard to justify a $100+ investment for something they'll only play with at Christmas for a couple of years. They are pricing themselves out of business imo - there were 3 Hallmark stores within 20 miles of me, but they've closed 2 in the past 2 years. Sorry I'm a grinch on this topic. :p

·
His name is Roger Clyne
10,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I used to collect Peanuts xmas ornaments, but I can't afford $20+ per ornament anymore. I might buy the kid's tree for my toddlers to play with, but by the time you buy the tree & the ornaments to go on it, it's hard to justify a $100+ investment for something they'll only play with at Christmas for a couple of years. They are pricing themselves out of business imo - there were 3 Hallmark stores within 20 miles of me, but they've closed 2 in the past 2 years. Sorry I'm a grinch on this topic. :p
I hear ya. They are expensive. I stopped buying the Frozen & Mickey ornaments because I realized the the 4 & 3 year old don't know the diff between the fancy, expensive Hallmark ones & the cheap, yet still good looking Walmart ones.

I get half as gifts (a new baby one this year with a new house one & the fire dept. ones) & the rest because I just like them & it's one thing both my husband & I like. He's a sucker for the airplanes & birds, me well you know which ones I want!!

We had a Hallmark close too, in our local mall. But then most indoor malls are sorta dying anyway & the area it's in isn't as high dollar as it once was. I used to love that mall too. It's reeeeallly gone down hill & I think if the anchor stores left it would close all together.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I am sooooooo bumed. I am BROKE this year. I didn't even call my Hallmark to leave a hold list. I will go tomorrow and pick up two and get upset because I cant get the normal 15-25 ornaments that I usually get on the premiere day :(
My husband busts my chops every year that we don't need anymore so he is happy.
We used to have like 22 themed trees up but it is dwindling down every year because we are getting old.

·
His name is Roger Clyne
10,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
OK, got Finkelstein, the Sugar Skull, & the little vampire in the pumpkin. I also got my fire engines, the 2 grosbeak birds, a Baby's 1st Christmas & an Our Lady of Guadalupe for gifts.

The little pumpkin with the vampire is super cute & even has a little coffin inside. I may get the owl eventually. For some reason I thought it was going to be metal but it's the usual hard resin stuff. I think I'll skip the Charlie Brown Halloween one & the little ToTer.

The Alien one was pretty detailed & awesome looking but I didn't get it either. I was hoping they'd keep up their PoTA line & give us Zira this year or give us a new Universal Monster but maybe those will be on next year's docket.

We'll have to go back for a couple in September for the second round of releases. There's an Elmer Fudd one for a cousin & an airplane my husband would like.

I understand why they stagger the releases but I don't like it.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Just wondering, does anybody else go all out for the Ornament Premiere? My wife and I are probably the corniest people ever. We put on Christmas music to drive to the Hallmark before they open and then come home and watch Christmas Vacation and have hot chocolate (not the best option for July in Florida, but its traditional).

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
RCIAG Apologies, wish I'd seen this thread last night...

The Elmer Fudd ornament, Kill the Wabbit, was released this morning as a limited-quantity ornament. Hope you got it. Sally from The Nightmare Before Christmas releases as a limited-quantity ornament at Ornament Debut on October 1st.

An excellent viewable or downloadable planner that Hallmark ornament collectors use to plan non-Dreambook purchases can be found on Digital Dreambook's website here... http://digitaldreambook.webs.com/planners.htm then click on "2016 Keepsake Ornament Event Planner.pdf".

The limited-quantity ornaments that released this morning are shown on pages 6 and 7. The limited-quantity ornaments for Ornament Debut on October 1st are on pages 10 and 11.

If you bookmark the Digital Dreambook website, you'll be able to access the planner each year. :)

Today, I got all the Halloween ornaments shown in the back pages of the Dreambook including Dr. Finklestein. Just need Sally now. The ornament, Happy Halloween!, that features the vampire scene inside the jack-o-lantern is one of my favorites this year.

Tonight I have to decide which Christmas ornaments I can afford. Not as many as I want, of course...

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
pumpkinking20 I'm a long time Hallmark ornament collector too. :)

I get everything ready to go the night before and try to get to the store before it opens. I then spend the entire morning playing with the ornaments on the wall, throwing what I want into a basket, then begin opening and checking each ornament as I chat with other collectors. I bring a long a magic cord, a variety of batteries, and a philips screw driver. On good years, I get to bring some ornaments home. Other years they all go on layaway.

I always feel like a little kid again at Premiere. Sometimes I get lucky and hook up with another collector who also enjoys pushing all the buttons on the ornaments too. Makes for fun conversation.

The ornaments I most look forward to are the Halloween ones these days. I saw a sneak peek last year of the Harry Potter ornament, Ollivander's Wand Shop, and was so excited to finally get to see it.

Favorite Christmas ornaments today were "Quill" You Be My Buddy? miniature, page 4, Santa Takes Flight, magic cord, page 17, and Cookie Cutter Christmas, page 22, and the Peanuts ornaments, Pigpen's Snow Angel, page 66, White Water Adventure and Paratrooper Snoopy, page 67. :)

Did you have any stand out favorites today?

·
Registered
14,269 Posts
I wonder if Hallmark stores will have those creatively great halloween card storage boxes that I have enjoyed finding in the past. One I have is a haunted house, another a witches spell book. Please post if you see any of those this year. I have a bit of a drive to my nearest Hallmark store and so don't go there much and tend to forget about them until it's too late. Thanks.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts