Halloween Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last week, Hallmark revealed their Keepsake Ornaments for this year, and there's a fair amount of Halloween ones.

This year, Hallmark is offering Storytellers of Jack, Sally, and Sandy Claws. Like the Monster Band from last year, they interact with each other. Hallmark has hinted that there will be more NBC Storytellers next year.

Aside from the Storytellers, there more NBC ornaments this year, such as the Undersea Gal and a miniature tree.

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,782 Posts
Those storytellers are nice but I don't think I'll get them or the mini Jack heads. I already have the full-sized set of Jack heads & they're pretty nice. These are just duplicates of those only smaller & minus the Pumpkin King pumpkin head. I have several ornaments that are that type, press & play & I NEVER press them.

I will get the Undersea Gal ornament though & maybe the tree skirt because I could use that for my Halloween tree.

I just don't understand why they can't produce a different NBC character every year. There are plenty of characters they haven't done yet.

In all the years they've been doing them we've only gotten Jack (numerous versions), Sally, Zero (with & without Jack), Oogie Boogie, The Mayor, the 3 Trick or Treaters, the One Armed Bandit (with Jack on it), & last year we got the Teddy & Undead Duck.

I'd love to see the Vampires, the Behemoth, the Mummy Boy, the Clown With the Tear-Away Face, there's just so many they could do. Maybe that's what they're finally doing by giving us the Undersea Gal.

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,782 Posts
Mini Toad

Vampire Snoopy

Sweet Witch Fairy

Three Outdoor Ornaments (these are larger versions of last years ornaments meant for outside)

And the one I'd been waiting for, the diorama, Happy Halloween! Monster Halloween Ornament

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,782 Posts
Almost forgot him!!

I think I saw it & thought it was a music box at first.

Here's to hoping we can go to the stores in July & buy them! If we can't I hope they make the "in store only" ones available online too.

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,782 Posts
Here's the Halloween ornaments page:

Here's the Keepsake Ornaments start page

The Demogorgon & Hitchhiking Ghosts are part of the Keepsake ornament premiere in July (or one of the later ones) & are in the Keepsake section on the site, the rest are Halloween ornaments which are usually in different colored boxes & generally available in July too but they've got their own section on the site but there also mixed in with the Keepsake listings.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Those storytellers are nice but I don't think I'll get them or the mini Jack heads. I already have the full-sized set of Jack heads & they're pretty nice. These are just duplicates of those only smaller & minus the Pumpkin King pumpkin head. I have several ornaments that are that type, press & play & I NEVER press them.

I will get the Undersea Gal ornament though & maybe the tree skirt because I could use that for my Halloween tree.

I just don't understand why they can't produce a different NBC character every year. There are plenty of characters they haven't done yet.

In all the years they've been doing them we've only gotten Jack (numerous versions), Sally, Zero (with & without Jack), Oogie Boogie, The Mayor, the 3 Trick or Treaters, the One Armed Bandit (with Jack on it), & last year we got the Teddy & Undead Duck.

I'd love to see the Vampires, the Behemoth, the Mummy Boy, the Clown With the Tear-Away Face, there's just so many they could do. Maybe that's what they're finally doing by giving us the Undersea Gal.

I agree, I will only get the Undersea Gal and maybe the Pumpkin topper. I have all of the NBC keepsake ornaments, but I can't justify the cost to start collecting the story tellers.

I think they are starting to do the other characters, with the Dr. Finklestein, the toys, and the Undersea Gal this year. I really want Santa and the werewolf!! Hoping they eventually do all the residents of Halloween Town :)

I wish they continued the Universal Monsters from a few years ago when they released Frankenstein's Monster. I also collected the first 2 haunted houses that lit up and played music with the magic cord - i was hoping they would put out a few of those.

·
Registered
449 Posts
In regard to The Universal Monsters it may be a licensing issue. Each of the monsters is represented by the actor's individual estate. I worked in licensing for Universal about 25 years ago and that was the case back then. Some estates were easy to deal with and others were nightmares.

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,782 Posts
Yeah I wanted them to continue those Universal Monsters too but I figured it was a licensing thing. My Frankenstein ornament holds 2 small cranberry sized mercury glass ornaments so at least he looks Christmassy!

I recall back in the 90s when they were putting out Universal Monsters merch again big time they didn't have the right to use Lugosi's likeness as Dracula so there's a lot of 90s merch with some weird looking versions Dracula instead of Lugosi.

·
Registered
449 Posts
That's exactly when I was there. I don't remember too much of the merch. I HATED that job so I was only there for 6 months. I still do have a set of "action figures" that were put out at the same time as the postage stamps. It's one of the very few things I ever brought home from that place.

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,782 Posts
There's one very androgynous Drac from that era that I kinda like. Here he is in a Doritos sticker promo. I've often thought that David Bowie would've played this version of Dracula in a movie if they'd done one:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts