Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, in just a couple of days it's about to be exactly halfway to Halloween .

I'm wondering are there any special events that are happening out near you? Perhaps something you and your friends are going to do together?
I've seen there's something going on in Chicago.

I for one am going to a dance club ( I never go to dance clubs) BECAUSE>>>> they are having a halfway to Halloween party... prettty nifty. I'll take it! Any reason to get dressed up (and get in for free with a costume) is a good time.

Bonus question: does anybody else treat Friday the 13th like a mini Halloween?

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
This is pretty unusual for me - I was actually working on some props this week-end, and organizing my garage full of Halloween stuff. Usually I don't begin until around August, but as I was cleaning the garage, realized there were props I intended to fix, and figured that I might as well do it now. Nice to be ahead of the curve for once!

·
Registered
902 Posts
I've got so much to do , we had some really bad wind 2 yrs ago and it trashed almost everything we had, so I finished my coffin this weekend, got a good start on my new HM caretaker prop, have to build new cemetery columns, all new fencing(95 feet of it), fix the tombstones I have left, and make some new ones, and try to sneak in a cauldron creep , cuz I've been wanting to do one for a while, so im gonna be busy! it''ll be fun though

·
Registered
237 Posts
Half way???
I am working on layout and design, though most of it is in my head, I have to get it on paper so others can help. Still have a few small props to make and there is always the occasional stroll through the second hand stores.
We have a huge amount to do yet this year as the weather gets nicer, building the cemetery and complete build out on our 3rd floor.
I think I'm having an anxiety attack! lol

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This is pretty unusual for me - I was actually working on some props this week-end, and organizing my garage full of Halloween stuff. Usually I don't begin until around August, but as I was cleaning the garage, realized there were props I intended to fix, and figured that I might as well do it now. Nice to be ahead of the curve for once!
Always, never a bad time to be ahead... not an actual head... that would suck.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've got so much to do , we had some really bad wind 2 yrs ago and it trashed almost everything we had, so I finished my coffin this weekend, got a good start on my new HM caretaker prop, have to build new cemetery columns, all new fencing(95 feet of it), fix the tombstones I have left, and make some new ones, and try to sneak in a cauldron creep , cuz I've been wanting to do one for a while, so im gonna be busy! it''ll be fun though
Wow, yep, that'll keep ya busy. If I was crafty I'd make the hell outta somethings too!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Half way???
I am working on layout and design, though most of it is in my head, I have to get it on paper so others can help. Still have a few small props to make and there is always the occasional stroll through the second hand stores.
We have a huge amount to do yet this year as the weather gets nicer, building the cemetery and complete build out on our 3rd floor.
I think I'm having an anxiety attack! lol
Again, I envy you creators, I used to know one he was fantastic... about the only thing I've kinda sorta got down is costume stuff.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'm glad this was brought to my attention! I'm just ordering stuff from Victorian Trading Co, and waiting impatiently until I can stock my new place up with Halloween dishes and crap. I can't really picture how I'll spend this Halloween, or with whom I'll spend it...

·
Registered
456 Posts
I'm currently struggling to find time to finish my secret reaper treats for my victim, making a dress for my wife's costume, making a coat for mine; and I've not even started on the other elements of both. We still haven't figured out my daughters outfit yet lol. I keep thinking of a line from Ian McKellen as Gandalf ,"...300 lifetimes of men I've been on this Earth, and now I have no time...."

·
Registered
83 Posts
I am procrastinating like usual. I would really like to make a cemetery sign, but I have time. My 4 year old keeps telling me about the props we need to repair, but I have time. There are a bunch of pallets at work I need to bring home and break apart to extend my fence, but I have time....

·
Registered
454 Posts
Nothing really. Finally decided on my theme for the year; it is going to be ZOMBIES!! Now, some of you might say that this is played out and I might agree, but let's be honest, zombies can never be played out :p.
I have been making plans on what to do for my house decorations and how I can accomplish this while not damaging my house. I'll be posting a thread soon for all of you to help with ideas; there really are some brilliantly twisted people here. :eek:

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm glad this was brought to my attention! I'm just ordering stuff from Victorian Trading Co, and waiting impatiently until I can stock my new place up with Halloween dishes and crap. I can't really picture how I'll spend this Halloween, or with whom I'll spend it...
Not familiar with them, I'll have to look them up at some point. I personally like a cross between horror and the festive orange and black aspects of decoration myself.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm currently struggling to find time to finish my secret reaper treats for my victim, making a dress for my wife's costume, making a coat for mine; and I've not even started on the other elements of both. We still haven't figured out my daughters outfit yet lol. I keep thinking of a line from Ian McKellen as Gandalf ,"...300 lifetimes of men I've been on this Earth, and now I have no time...."
So, does that mean your celebrating the halfway point by... Making awesomenss then?

·
Registered
516 Posts
Kids and I will be celebrating Half-o-ween tomorrow. I just carved two orange bell peppers, and have hollowed out a watermelon. Getting ready to carve him too. They will be my jack-o-lanterns. Making homemade pizza, brownies decked out in Halloween colors, and going to watch spooky stuff on tv. Nothing major, things like The Simpsons Treehouse of Terror and Goosebumps episodes. Will have lots of candles lit everywhere too, just to get in the Halloween mood! I'll try to get over here and share pics if anyone wants to see'em.

·
Registered
456 Posts
lol, yeah Burgndy, at least I hope it will be awesomeness. I've sewn and knitted several hats but I've never sewn a dress or coat.
byondbzr: now that is an awesome way to celebrate Half-o-ween!
Berserker: I don't think zombies are played out either. They stick their rotting fingers right into our fears of death and loss of control and wiggle them around.

·
Registered
509 Posts

You mean this?

So, in just a couple of days it's about to be exactly halfway to Halloween .

I'm wondering are there any special events that are happening out near you? Perhaps something you and your friends are going to do together?
I've seen there's something going on in Chicago.

I for one am going to a dance club ( I never go to dance clubs) BECAUSE>>>> they are having a halfway to Halloween party... prettty nifty. I'll take it! Any reason to get dressed up (and get in for free with a costume) is a good time.

Bonus question: does anybody else treat Friday the 13th like a mini Halloween?

1 - 20 of 52 Posts