Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's so hard to believe we're already half way to October 31st! Do you do anything special in honor of the midway point between New Year's and Halloween night? I might low key enjoy it. You know, watch a suitable horror movie or something. It'll be my first time actually commemorating the non-holiday.

1,453 Posts
Well we just did the Walpurgis/Beltane card exchange here on the forum.
We've done Marshmallow roasts for a geocaching group we are part of as part of our year round Halloween themed events... Krampus for Christmas, Walpurgis for Spring, Zombies for summer and of course Halloween. Though the past year it's been nil thanks to Covid. This year we hoped to have a halfway to Halloween camping get together but have had to postpone due to state restrictions thank you covid... fingers crossed by Halloween things will be better.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well we just did the Walpurgis/Beltane card exchange here on the forum.
We've done Marshmallow roasts for a geocaching group we are part of as part of our year round Halloween themed events... Krampus for Christmas, Walpurgis for Spring, Zombies for summer and of course Halloween. Though the past year it's been nil thanks to Covid. This year we hoped to have a halfway to Halloween camping get together but have had to postpone due to state restrictions thank you covid... fingers crossed by Halloween things will be better.
Those sound like lovely was to commemorate the half-way mark indeed! Especially the camping and marshmallow roast! Bravo! I sat up and watched "The Boy Who Cried Werewolf" (2010) just to get in the spirit. Fun little family/fantasy/comedy that I'd definitely recommend for possible Halloween late night viewing line-up.

·
Registered
14,286 Posts
Don’t miss out on some of the Halfway to Halloween sales. Posted info in the Coupons, Discounts Promotions section.

25% seems to be the popular discount off and some free shipping thrown in.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Watched "Ernest Scared Stupid" (1991) for that family comedy Halloween feel earlier tonight. Definitely geeked up for October 31st now! 🎃

·
Registered
53 Posts
Finally got the hubby to set a theme for this year. Time to start building. Anyone seen a horse skeleton on any sites? I've checked spirit, home depot, lowes, amazon, big lots, walmart, horrordome and morbidmonstrocities but no luck on any in stock anywhere. TIA

·
Registered
14,286 Posts
Finally got the hubby to set a theme for this year. Time to start building. Anyone seen a horse skeleton on any sites? I've checked spirit, home depot, lowes, amazon, big lots, walmart, horrordome and morbidmonstrocities but no luck on any in stock anywhere. TIA
oooo, kind of doubt HD will carry this year (don’t think it was sold last year and it was there for a few years already). Given the 6ft height and huge box/shipping I kind of doubt other stores would sell. Best bet would be yard sales, local area search sites (name of popular one escaping me right now), maybe someone here in the buy/sale section. There are three horses listed now on Ebay (search Halloween Skeleton Horse) but hold your horses — both listed over $1450! 2 from a seller in NY for $1589.99 each with free ship, the other 1 from seller in MN for $1495 plus 138 shipping. Unfortunately I think the skeleton horse has now entered rarified air being effectively discontinued and rare. Sad because I think I bought my HD horse for maybe $199 and had it delivered free through HD. Might want to rethink your theme or at least have a Plan B if you can’t find a decent priced one by a certain date. Good luck.

·
Registered
53 Posts
oooo, kind of doubt HD will carry this year (don’t think it was sold last year and it was there for a few years already). Given the 6ft height and huge box/shipping I kind of doubt other stores would sell. Best bet would be yard sales, local area search sites (name of popular one escaping me right now), maybe someone here in the buy/sale section. There are three horses listed now on Ebay (search Halloween Skeleton Horse) but hold your horses — both listed over $1450! 2 from a seller in NY for $1589.99 each with free ship, the other 1 from seller in MN for $1495 plus 138 shipping. Unfortunately I think the skeleton horse has now entered rarified air being effectively discontinued and rare. Sad because I think I bought my HD horse for maybe $199 and had it delivered free through HD. Might want to rethink your theme or at least have a Plan B if you can’t find a decent priced one by a certain date. Good luck.
Thanks-
I saw those ones on ebay but that's about $1300 outside my budget for any one prop. I was hoping I'd get luck and someone would have seen one. The one you got for $200 is more around what I want to spend. Unicorns are so popular right now maybe I can find one closer to halloween and break his horn off. I thought about getting the reaper riding his stallion but we're trying to go more old west ghost town and I'd like to build a covered wagon. The horse isn't really necessary but darn it, I really want one. 😊

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I was wondering if anybody used the halfway point to start in on their planning, or even building in your case! Will keep peeps peeled for horse skeletons. Perhaps places like your local Facebook Marketplace, or Varage Sale, Nextdoor, or Craigslist. Just put the word out that you're looking. All are long shots, but you never know! Anyway, good luck!

·
Registered
223 Posts
What state are you located in? We have one the horse from Home Depot we would sell. We are in Iowa

·
Registered
53 Posts
Im
What state are you located in? We have one the horse from Home Depot we would sell. We are in Iowa
I'm in Texas. That might be a lot to ship it. Give me an idea how big it is and I'll do some research. 😊

·
Registered
14,286 Posts
Im

I'm in Texas. That might be a lot to ship it. Give me an idea how big it is and I'll do some research. 😊
My HD skeleton horse (not pony) bought in 2016 had the following box info on it. 39.6 lbs.; box 40 x 22.5 x 24 inches.

I think subsequent years might have had a slight change to it but this should give you a quick estimate.

·
Registered
53 Posts
So Ghost of Spookie and The Pirate House. Thank you both very much. I figured out WHY the ones on eBay are $1500. The cheapest shipping and handling from Iowa to Texas is $1397. I'd love to have the horse but OMG!!

·
Registered
14,286 Posts
So Ghost of Spookie and The Pirate House. Thank you both very much. I figured out WHY the ones on eBay are $1500. The cheapest shipping and handling from Iowa to Texas is $1397. I'd love to have the horse but OMG!!
yeah, hard to beat HD’s store pick up or free delivery when available.

·
Registered
34 Posts
There are only a couple of states between Texas and Iowa. Perhaps the cheapest solution is to pick it up personally? :)

Reactions: Homer Rocks
1 - 20 of 20 Posts