Halloween Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Ridin' The Storm Out
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do any of you have ideas for making my dark hair appear light/white without actually dying/bleaching it? Perhaps some sort of spray-in color, or powder? I don't do well with wigs, and I don't want to do anything permanent. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
37 Posts
If you're going to use the sprays get ready to use a lot. I haven't found that they cover that well and dark hair is always tricky to make lighter.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Have you tried Manic Panic, their hair dyes are vegan, cruelty free. So it won't damage your hair, it is a temporary dye though so it will not wash out in one night, not sure if you could do that, but thought I'd throw it out there anyway

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
There are chalks and sprays but they aren't going to look that great. Really a wig is you best bet. Bleaching your hair is not something you want to do for a temporary change especially if it is really dark it will be damaged getting it very light.

I hate being hot, wigs are hot, but if I need something specific I suck it up and wear one.

(note, my avatar is me in my everyday hair, I know a bit about this)

·
Registered
460 Posts
I've heard you can also use some student grade art supplies in place of hair chalk, like pastels or chalk. But check whatever you get for what they are made of.

Are you trying to color all your hair? And what is it about wigs that don't work for you? There might be a way to do something with a wig that won't bother you.

·
His name is Roger Clyne
10,100 Posts
To get dark hair truly white you'd really have to bleach it & that's a lot of time, work & money since you should have it done professionally. You would have to basically strip all the color of your hair & that's something best left to a pro lest you fry your hair to a crisp or worse, lose it.

As someone with darker hair (red now but underneath it's dark brown & grey) I'd go the colored hair spray or wig route.

If you go the wig route, get a wig cap. The wig will itch less & it keeps your real hair outta the way. You can then bobby pin the wig to the cap. They're a lifesaver, especially if you go with a cheaper wig.

They're cheap & you can get them at any beauty supply, Walmart, Amazon, etc. They come in a range of colors too.
https://smile.amazon.com/ASX-Design...e=UTF8&qid=1465855452&sr=8-3&keywords=wig+cap

·
Registered
95 Posts
It depends on how you want your hair. If you want it free and loose, sorry, you prob need a wig. If it can be styled, particularly if it's at least half up, then you can use the sprays or possibly the mehron product (no experience, but seems like a good option) and it won't look as bad because your hair won't be moving around anyway.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts