Halloween Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Oak Lane Cemetery
2,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been thinking about animating the corpse in our coffin for a while with some head turning action, but as I got into it I found the logistics to be a little more complicated than I want to get into right now. Instead I switched to my backup plan and animated our witch Hagetha instead. Nothing fancy, just a quick and easy wiper motor head turning animation. The tomato cage construction of our with made it really easy to retrofit with the mechanism. Now we will be up to 5 animated props for the 2018 haunt, up from 3 last year.

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,634 Posts
Looks great. Just the right amount of movement and very smooth as well. Really gives the impression she is alive. The kids will love her!

·
Oak Lane Cemetery
2,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Replaced her old shedding wig today and made a few upgrades to her necklace yesterday. The new wig is still a bit pretty right now, but I will mess it up some more and the weather will do a job on it once on display too. Just one more minor tweak and I will be satisfied. I want to replace every other bead on her necklace with a small vertebrae. Looked at a few online, but pricing was a bit ridiculous considering I could just get some from a couple of chicken necks. (Any guesses on what is soaking in a cup of water, dish soap and peroxide on my back porch right now? lol)

·
Registered
252 Posts
Tell me more about this wiper motor setup. I’ve procrastinated about doing a wiper motor powered prop but I’m loving this.

·
Oak Lane Cemetery
2,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Tell me more about this wiper motor setup. I’ve procrastinated about doing a wiper motor powered prop but I’m loving this.
Wiper motor setups can be as simple or as complicated as you want to make them. There are many ways to rig the animation from just going round and round like a cauldron stirring mechanism or more complicated rigs like the one I recently saw where one wiper motor was controlling multiple man eating plant vines to move independently. Pretty much all you need are a 12v wiper motor, 12v dc power supply, a 12v 10a speed control, and whatever linkages, pipes, or fittings you need to accomplish the animation you want. I'm still in the beginner/intermediate stage of wiper motor builds. There are tons of YouTube videos and websites out there that show different setups for different animations.

·
Read Only
1,348 Posts
Thanks for the post. I have always enjoyed your videos on YouTube, and this one is no exception. You always seem to take things just a step further and that makes all the difference in the world from a watching a prop to being scared by an honest to goodness critter out for a lark on Halloween night.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts