Halloween Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A fix for the fire and ice lantern: I removed the bottom of the lantern. The circuit board is held into a slot by a couple drops of hot glue. Gently but firmly pull the circuit board up out of the slot dislodging the hot glue. There will be one black wire, two yellow wires, two red wires, one white wire and one peachy colored wire. Clip them all as close to the board as possible. Connect the two red wires together, the two white wires together and connect the black wire together with the peachy colored wire. Tape with electrical tape or electrical liquid tape. Clip the connected ends of both yellows and set those aside along with the circuit board. Replace the bottom. The lantern now has a constant on. The solder joints are very delicate so be careful. I am attaching photos.

A disclaimer: I figured I had nothing to lose by trying this since the lantern was useless to me as it was. That being said I am not sure why they were designed without a constant on. So I will test mine over the next couple of days to see how it holds up battery and LED wise. Stay tuned. Right now it has been on for about an hour and looks super cool!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
The only reason I could think of for not having them constantly on is overheating, but that doesn't seem to be a problem with LEDS as there are dozens of lighting accessories out that are on for days at a time.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts