Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey gang! Ever wanted to remotely trigger a prop, but didn't know how?
This short tutorial shows you how to hack a wireless doorbell and use it as a remote trigger for props and scares.
Any questions, you know how to reach us!

·
Mad Monster Maker
2,674 Posts
Great tutorial. If I wanted to simply use the doorbell button to trigger the prop, couldn't I just use it straight out of the package (after hacking the chimes)?

·
Registered
354 Posts
This looks great, though can you use more than one in an area? Meaning, do they all operate on the same code and if you trigger one doorbell will all the receivers play the chime? Or are they all independent to where only one door bell will trigger the chime from one receiver?

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Rev. Noch. I know they operate on the same FREQUENCY, but not sure about the code. I "think" those other jumpers control that. but am not entirely sure as I only had the one unit to try this with. In researching this, it does look like the other jumpers control what the manufacturer calls the "security" settings. Supposedly, if you put additional jumpers in place in the same positions on both the receiver and the button, that changes the security code for the pair. So, in theory, you can have quite a few working independently.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts