Halloween Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Master of my own Universe
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone here tried the stores run by habitat for humanity?

I found out about them only this week and went to check out our local ReStore.

They have reclaimed building supplies at discounted prices ... I got some 1/2 inch PVC pipe there and it only cost 10c per foot - that's $1 for a full 10ft length!

Depending on what you need it might be worth checking them out first, looking at their website they seem to have Restores in most locations in the US and Canada and best of all, all profits go to help to finance building projects for people in need (you can also donate unwanted building materials)

·
Registered
13,898 Posts
We donated all of our appliances from our kitchen remodel to them but I never thought about them as a source for building supplies. Heaven only knows how expensive all that stuff can get. Great resource idea.

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
7,076 Posts
I keep meaning to go by the one near me. They look like a great resource and it's for a good cause. :)

·
Mill Creek Haunted Hollow
6,359 Posts
Thanks for the info and the link! I didn't know they had resale stores. Looks like there's one about 20 miles from me. I'll have to find the time to go and look.

·
Shadow box dancer
1,443 Posts
Thanks for the info and the link! I didn't know they had resale stores. Looks like there's one about 20 miles from me. I'll have to find the time to go and look.
Yeah I just asked my family and they said they knew about it. Let me know what you think if you go TK.

·
Going bump in the night..
3,388 Posts
Inventory can change in these stores on a daily basis (as they claim on their site) - I was lucky enough to find pints of Polycrylic for $2 each...normally, this stuff is about $8-$9 for a pint.
I really like this stuff, as it's water based, but gives a great, clear, tough finish.

All kinds of things are there - tons and tons of doors, windows, lighting fixtures, paints of all kinds, furniture, and so on and so on...

If you have one in your area, it's worth checking out!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts