Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Its OK....

Votes: 3 16.7%
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
The Horror of The South
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Basically most of you know that there is a nearepidemic of the swine flu across the world....
and as i am not making any props at the moment i looked around for anything that i could make to do with it....
This is basically a funny prop i could have fun with...i was thinking maybe leaving it outside friends or families homes and see the reaction they get....
Inside the box is a ball of paper so when someone shakes it it makes it sound like there is something inside it...

If this video offends anyone please let me know and I will deal with it appropiately​

Stay Safe
Ruggerz

·
Hauntless
8,374 Posts
That looks so real! That is an excellent practical joke. But, it could also be taken wrong and could get out of hand quickly. It is funny but I think you may be playing with gasoline here. I'm interested what other people's take on this would be.

Great-looking prop.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
What would enhance the prop would be one of those little round things that you turn upside down and then right side up and it makes a pig sound! Good job, ruggerz.

·
~zombie hunter~
3,346 Posts
I personally don't like it. When I see stuff like this i'm constnenley reminded of the children that have died over this massive outbrake of the flue. It's not funny when someone is making a prop when there are people dying from this right now. I also work in a hospital so seeing this stuff being tossed around as a practical joke doesn't make me happy because there are so many people out there that are actually looking for vacines. Just my opinion. I don't think your a bad person and I'm not trying to sound like a A$$.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Thats awesome and funny! Maybe add a picture of a flying pig. Does anybody know anyone who has it????? I think not lighten up people. This political correctness offends me. Why should we walk on egg shells for a few people? Keep it up make more!!!!!

·
that dude ain't right
621 Posts
I like it. The whole flu thing is out of hand. What the news doesn't tell you is that 39,000 die of regular flu each year. This is merely a "brother" of type A flu. The illness is not diffeent than the regular flu. Just happens to be slightly different. Prop looks great.

·
Magic Man (Taken)
725 Posts
I agree sikntwizted, this "epidemic" has been blown clear out of any point of reality. You are right on the 30,000 a year from ordinary flu. Latest reports from Mexico is 100 cases, no deaths in the last 24 hours, it is on the downside.

As far as the prop, I love it. What a great way to inject some humor into the scare tactic reporting of the talking heads. Could this hype be for better ratings, or to scare people. Who knows, but the prop rocks!!

·
Registered
14,207 Posts
I love the look of the packaging but while H1N1 is timely I think there would be way better contagions to use. While any death is one too many especially to any family or friend affected, this hasn't turned out to be the plague that it sounded like. I'd probably go with something like bubonic plague (Black Death) and have rats as part of the props.

·
Going bump in the night..
3,388 Posts
Wouldn't it be better if it were shoved into the mouth of one of those "talking heads" on any of the news broadcasts, going on and on, every 3 minutes, about this flu?

I can just see it...a severed head with the collar of a nicely starched shirt and tie, this thing wedged in it's mouth, a surprised look on it's face...

Ahhhh...good times, good times...

·
Registered
254 Posts
Funny - but I could see how some folks may not like it.

Wife and I were thinking of going tonight to see if we can find a pig nose at IParty or Party City - either to be used by itself or on a 'face mask'.

by itself - put it in your hands, bring hands up to face, start coughing (and put pig nose on your nose)until co-worker asks if you are okay, bring hands down and say "Yep, I'm fine." Wife is going to be the one doing it. I would do it but I work from home. Don't think the dog cares if I'm coughing.

on a face mask - wait till someone at the office sneezes or is coughing - quickly put on face mask with pig nose on it!

Don't know why the video link isn't there - had to go find it on photobucket.

·
Registered
210 Posts
ok saw it it does look nice n real but for sure might offense some people but creative n well made prop wise :-

1 - 15 of 15 Posts