Halloween Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planning on making a H1N1 "innoculator" costume for my wife (since she didn't like my Roller Brawler idea) and would appreciate any clever ideas for it.

I am thinking nurse outfit with bandolier of syringes full of shots of Hot Damn etc... that are labeled "H1N1 vaccine"

One issue is, it can't be a "sexy nurse" costume since 1/3 of the party is spent in a cold garage and all I would hear all night is "I'm freezing!"

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
7,318 Posts
Long sleeved/pants type scrubs (in pink), the bandolier of "shots" and a pig snout?

Or the masks with a pig nose drawn on?

I'd want to do something like a curly tail too...:)

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hmmmmmmm, are any of you married?

NEVER ask your wife to wear anything that is related to swine/elephant/moose/sloth/sumo

I mean...thanks for the replies but comon'

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
7,318 Posts
Happily married for almost 7 years... and totally okay with looking silly for a joke costume. :p Pigs can be glamourous and cute... just look at Ms. Piggy! :D

I'd go more along the lines of Nurse Lisa from Silent Hill (google it - she wears a red sweater!) if you think the wife would get angry at the swine flu nurse idea. ;)

Or just a regular nurse in scrubs with the bandolier... would still get the point across and be warm.

What doe SHE say she wants to be costume-wise when you ask her?

Hmmmmmmm, are any of you married?

NEVER ask your wife to wear anything that is related to swine/elephant/moose/sloth/sumo

I mean...thanks for the replies but comon'

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
She doesn't mind funny stuff but we are going to a party where there is lots of "sexy wear" and suggesting she wear a pig nose would be swatted out of the air like a King Kong airplane.

She loved the H1N1 nurse idea...it's all in the details tho.

OMG, I looked up Nurse Lisa....whoa, that is spine chilling freaky.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Definitely some sort of awesome surgical mask. Her face painted very skeletal-like.

Just images I found of some different surgical masks

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The mask would look very cool but the idea is that she is injecting the innoculation...not the virus itself, I don't think anyone at the party would want the virus squirted into their mouths.

I am thinking of a few differant color liquors (red/green/blue) for differant viruses (H1N1/Bird Flu/The AIDS)

·
Registered
257 Posts
The bandolier got me thinking "Rambo"... which led to Van Hellsing... and a visual image of a hot, ass-kicking nurse.

Starting with the feet-- comfy white tennis shoes. White mid-calf/low-calf socks over some flesh colored nylons or ice-skating tights (for warmth). White capri pants for warmth. Long-ish (past hips) white nurse top-- longer than a dress shirt, but cut to fit a woman's physique. Black bandolier and belt with syringes that go with a modified NERF dart gun-- painted white with a red cross on it... and the darts resemble syringes. (If it works as a gun-- even better!) Then, hair pulled back and fixed with pencils with the white pillbox hat with the red cross... maybe a cross necklace or spike necklace... or vial of blood...

That's what I picture....

·
Registered
156 Posts
How about a nurse costume and maybe on the top write "kickin' the swine one at a time" or something like that so that people get the outfit, without her having to have the obvious pig snout! Love the idea of the shot syringes!!

·
Registered
156 Posts
or maybe "Take the shot and a pig you're not" Might intice others to take the "shot" she offers up!!

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ah yes, now that I like. Ice skating tights are a nice touch, it'll keep her warmer and have that retro look. I would love to see her in clunky nurse shoes too (not sure if I have that kink..we'll see :) ....but I bet she'll pick heels.

I was thinking about something written on her back like "Master Innoculator" and maybe some buttons that have medical funny slogans as Addicted2boo suggested. (jeez, hope the kids still have that button maker)

·
Registered
263 Posts
How about a nurse's hat with a picture of a pig on it, and the red "no" symbol over it?

Or maybe she could be a wolf-nurse. With ears and a little nose (could just color her nose black). You know, the wolf is the natural enemy of the pig and whatnot...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts