Halloween Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked a Guardian of the Grave prop from Meijer the other day for $35.00. It does not have a power adapter though. The socket has a tag that says 6v 1.5a next to it. I have a couple of different adapters that are a bit different volts and amps. One is a 5v .8a. It seems to work but maybe a bit slow. The other adapter is 12v and I think about 1 amp. What will the negative effect of using the adapter that is not the listed one? Thanks

Guardian of the Grave Animated Prop in Decorations New Decor for 2008

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
well as i recently had the same question with a animated prop that didnt have an adaptor for , get the correct voltage and enough amp for it or either your adaptor or prop motor will heat up and break on you .....i got a multi voltage adaptor that cost me 20$ at circuit city(radio shack) that way you can use it for other props of diffrent voltage too....

·
Registered
89 Posts
WalMart sells a walwart with variable voltage settings. But as has been posted, use one with the same voltage and at least the same amperage (more is fine, less is not).

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
He is down behind the grave stone until triggered (or 3 minute timer goes off) then he slowly comes up from behind the tombstone and make son cool sounds too. and the eyes light up. You could not beat the price. I saw it at Halloween USA for $89.00 and at Halloween Bazaar for $129.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts