Halloween Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Two years ago, I took a bunch of old warped 2X4's and 2X6's found in the waste bin of a house being built in our area to build a guillotine. One man's garbage ... as they say.

One year I made the older kids reach through the guillotine to grab their candy (the blade then dropped part way down as they reached through). The other year I rigged it with a headless corpse that wiggled as they walked past. I got some nice compliments.

Feedback welcome.

Cheers!

Attachments

·
Mostly Harmless
1,328 Posts
Very Impressive!

You created a very memorable event for the kiddies while saving the planet with your salvaging ;)

·
Registered
650 Posts
Quite nice

I was thinking about a guillotine just the other day. I like yours very much. I have an idea to try to make one with a headless corpse and have the blade somehow rigged with an electric device that would slowly raise the blade to the top then release .....then start the cycle again. The kids would get the candy from the basket with the head looking up at em

Problem is though....I am also thinking about a pendulum....you know like my buddy Edger Allan Poe?

·
Registered
860 Posts
I built an automated guilitine about 5 years ago.it had an electric motor from a treadmill,and a reostatic control for the speed.It had a pulley on the motor and another welded to a bikecycle crank with the peddle still attached.a cable was crimped thru the pedal and the other end ran down to the blade.the blade was sandwiched between 4pcs. of 1/2x1 wood.the rest of the frame was 2x.it ran pretty fast up and down,and was dangerous even with a plexi blade it would cut a cantilope in half 3 chops.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts