Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Pumpkin w/ BIG stem
895 Posts
how are you going to get it outside!!!! LOL!!!! HAHA!!! I love it tho!!!! looks awesome!!!GREAT JOB!!!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Just simply Stunning!!

Your hubby is great with woodwork for sure,

Just my 2 cents,, but perhaps if this is giving a dark wood cherry stain finish,, I think that thing would fit /display inside there with the rest of the furniture just niceeee..

If y'all plan on just displaying and not actually USING IT inside there ..hehe

Congrats to him!

God Bless

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just simply Stunning!!

Your hubby is great with woodwork for sure,

Just my 2 cents,, but perhaps if this is giving a dark wood cherry stain finish,, I think that thing would fit /display inside there with the rest of the furniture just niceeee..

If y'all plan on just displaying and not actually USING IT inside there ..hehe

Congrats to him!

God Bless

I like the idea of staining it....hubby ran out of time this year, but plans on staining for next year....;)

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
how are you going to get it outside!!!! LOL!!!! HAHA!!! I love it tho!!!! looks awesome!!!GREAT JOB!!!

Thank goodness hubby designed it, so that it comes apart in sections...the two large post are stored in the garage, and the base is disassembled into smaller pieces and stored underneath our bed...lol!;)

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Ok, I want to start by saying yes, the prop is amazing. I love the stain and the height of it. On the other hand I LOVE your house! Those tall ceilings, wood walls, oversized windows. What does the outside look like? When was it built? I live in a split level ranch so I don't get the great details like those.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Another idea for you rather than staining it is to burn it. that is what I did with the rack and stockade that I built this year. I used an oxy acetylene torch with a rosebud and just kept it moving. I think it turned out great. it really gives it a old and weathered look. you could also do this with a propane torch too but it will take a little longer.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts