Halloween Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My fcg Lucile is getting up there in age and I noticed this year that she just didn't seem as bright under the black light. Sure enough I tested some of the leftover tulle I had used to make her a few years ago and it glew brilliantly. She has just been in the weather too long and dirty from storage I'm sure. I tried making a spray of Rit and water for her but that didn't seem to have any effect. Is there anything else cheap I can try or would it just be better to reskin her? Thanks.

·
Registered
237 Posts
when you say rit,you mean rit fabric whitener? if not that's what you need.something with phosphate in it that's what makes it glow.most detergent don't have that any more EPA concerns.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Try using some of the glow in the dark paints that are readily available out there. They usually spray on fairly clear and wildly glow under blacklight. That's what i would do anyway.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
when you say rit,you mean rit fabric whitener? if not that's what you need.something with phosphate in it that's what makes it glow.most detergent don't have that any more EPA concerns.
Yes, that's what I used. I guess you have to soak it in the solution for a while for it to work. Spraying it did nothing. I tried using a water/highlighter mix too to spray but also got nothing even though the liquid glowed in spray bottle.

I have sprayed mine with the blacklight hair spray they sell at this time of year.
Excellent idea. I'll have to try some tonight.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Target did not have any black light specific hair spray but did have a florescent blue that I bought. It worked ok. It still was still not as bright as when it was new. So I went looking for some florescent spray paint at lowes. They didn't have any blue so I ended up buying green. I sprayed her tonight while under the black light. I coated most of her but left some blue showing. I think I like the green/blue mixture now more than when she was new and bright blue.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts