Halloween Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Figures, just when I thought I was going to have 3 fog machines this year…

A couple of months ago, I tested our main fog machine and it was fine. The cheap 400W Chauvet and the 1000W no-name brand I got from Goodwill had seized up, so I put a 50/50 vinegar solution in and ran them, which surprisingly got them working again.

This past weekend, the two smaller ones are kaput again. The Chauvet works, but the fog is to thin it's not worth using, and the pump on the 1000W unit doesn't even make noise. No time to troubleshoot and fix them.

Luckily, the big (and expensive) unit is still working.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I'd recommend running vinegar through the 400W one again. Sounds like you cleared it but then it clogged again. Make sure to run a good amount of new fog juice through it after cleaning though. As far as the 1000W machine, take a look and see if you can remove and clean it. Worst case, a new pump is around $12-20 on Amazon, just make sure you don't trip the thermal fuse or the thermostat and you'd be up and running before this weekend!
Update: It looks like the one that was Prime eligible is gone for now but there are a couple 40 DCB pumps (the most common cheap fogger pump for 900-1200W units) available that you could get before Halloween OR search other vendors online that have one in stock.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts