Halloween Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Great Job!! This was also what I did over the past couple of weeks. Glad to see more of these for haunt '09. What other projects do you have in store?

·
Registered
725 Posts
If only I had a truck the things I could do! I was in Home Depot today and noticed that full sheets of OSB was only $6. It has been amazing what I have fit in my car though, just never a full sheet.

Well done on the casket! Still collecting wood for mine.

·
Devilishly Dutch
5,920 Posts
I agree with the rest....very nicely done. Especially the paint job!

MsM

·
Lord of the Cemetery
2,081 Posts
Not bad for a weekends work!

Nice build and a great paint job!!
:)

·
Bog Body
1,473 Posts
i keep seeing these, i think i might have to make a ground breaking coffin myself this year. excellent job you did on yours!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Nice! how did you do the paint job? I have a coffin that needs some distressing.
Thank you for the compliment.
The paint job is actually really easy.
you put on a base coat of whatever color you want. In this case I used a light brown paint that was left over from a previous project. I then applied a black galze over it (once again any color you want) and then used the below tool to make the wood grain effect. I did this on some cabinets in my house that I sold and it turned out great.
I used what they call a "Wood Grain Rocker" tool. I don't have a picture but it works great. below is a link to what it looks like.
Wood Graining Tools
I used the 5" wood graining tool
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thank you all for the compliments and all the tutorials placed here. My haunt would not be where it is with out everyones ideas and instructions.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts