Halloween Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sometimes while limited in inventory your local grocery store can have some interesting and worthy halloween items. Don't think we've had a thread started for these local places but since Safeway Grocery is in lots of cities in my area, thought I'd shine the spotlight on them. Please add your own local grocery finds and please mention where in the country the store can be found.

We don't usually patronize SAFEWAY GROCERY stores, but were in one last night and I saw this large display of many of these 3-foot talking animated characters--witch, butler, pumpkin man. The tag didn't identify them as Gemmy but the Witchy Witch voice and sound track on the witch one definitely sounded familiar! These were 49.99. The last photo shows how the jaw is constructed. I liked them, a bit different looking maybe than what you see in other places although the witch also looks pretty familiar.

Here's what Safeway.com had to say about their grocery locations: There are now over 1,300 Safeway stores across the US. These include 266 Safeway stores in Northern California and Hawaii, 273 Vons stores in Southern California and Nevada, 107 Randalls and Tom Thumb stores in Texas, as well as 28 Carrs stores in Alaska.

I am uploading a few videos shortly to you tube and will come back and add them to this post. I imagine in a week or so there should be a sale on these guys.

·
Registered
14,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here are the videos for the above greeter props. They said more than what is shown below but this should give you an idea of the soundtrack and voice.

·
Registered
14,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Anyone on the east coast with Publix grocery stores finding the Fire & Ice Spotlights that Gemmy said would be carrying them?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Those are amazing GOS. Our Safeway had them for $10.00 off with the Safeway card. I picked up the pumpkin guy and the witch. I already had a butler bobber from several years ago. These are really good quality. Our Safeway has already sold out. When I spotted them a few weeks ago they probably had a dozen or so of each and today they were all gone. I'm super happy I picked them up when I did. Thanks Ghost of Spookie for sharing the pics and doing the videos!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts