Halloween Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I finally get to have my very first Halloween party ever, and I'm beyond excited! It's always been apartments, S/O's who didn't care for Halloween, or life in the way before...last year on October 31st, I closed on my first home in Centennial CO...and one year later it's my Halloween playground. :)

We plan on having a themed party every year, and this year, it's a mental asylum for the criminally insane during Victorian times. I've been having so much fun making decorations and collecting recipes, I couldn't help but share some of my progress. Here's what I've made so far: http://www.halloweenforum.com/members/rasmirin-albums-grimmthorpe-asylum-2014-a.html

My new neighbors are in for quite a surprise this year, ha ha haa... ;)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks! :) I'm working on packing tape people ghosts right now. They just need arms and legs and then they're ready to do some haunting!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm so excited to put these party favors together - the containers came in the mail and they look awesome! :D

photo.jpg

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks! I'm going to custom make labels for them, and definitely put in some pill-shaped candies. I might slip in some fun things too like plastic bugs, little notes and such.

Reactions: offmymeds

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Slowly but surely getting there! :D

DSC02624.jpg

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No, I made them myself out of posterboard and contact paper, and then did a faux finish with some paint to make them look old and weathered. Here's a closeup, I just used flat tacks to hang them and then painted the top of the tack black.

DSC02489.jpg

·
Registered
6,680 Posts
Awesome! texaslucky, I have a roll of contact paper that looks like wood. Bought it for some project and it has not been used. Will put it with the props you are coming after next week.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ermagherd so creeeeepy! :confused: I haven't dressed or shrouded her yet but I got my first packing tape ghost done. She's got one hand over her face and she's peeking out over the other...gonna put her in an old nightgown and wrap some cheesecloth around her, put a stringy old wig on her, and sit her on the front porch bench. :D

DSC02629.jpg

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
1 - 17 of 17 Posts