Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Ghasts and Ghoulies!

There are those who call me Grimm (?). However, all those blokes at work insist upon Dave...

I've been a fan of all things spooky since I was a wee lad, thanks to my Mom not really realizing that a 7 year old kid probably shouldn't watch the Exorcist... I was hooked on being scared, and already adored Halloween as my favorite holiday - whereas I didn't realize where this would all go, it nonetheless went to here.

I've been yard haunting to some degree or another, forever increasing the props, for the 10 years I've owned a home. With recent changes in my work environment (I'm a chef in a private boarding school) - I find myself with the free time to literally go overboard. We're currently mucking out our barn to convert it into a workshop and a haunted house. We're (my wife and I) currently playing around with themes, but almost undoubtedly it will be called "Grimm's Faerie Tales" or some derivation of that.

My first 'serious' foray into Halloween devotion was where my name came from - I was the front ghoul and guitarist/mandolinist for a band called Arkham Hollow, sort of a Lovecraft inspired Americana/Spookadelic band (a few samples, albeit old: www.reverbnation.com/grimmpickins ).

We are the classic 'too busy to photograph Halloween' haunters - because every year we put it up in one day, carving a large number of Jacks the night before (between 36 and 65 for the last 4 to 5 years). That said usually someone gets some pictures - often before the lighting is right, or we've tweaked things properly. This year was no exception:

Video: www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDGYKD-USRc (Midnight Syndicate bled in fairly well from the porch display speakers). The red overhead light was off, so the mad scientist looks a wee bit headless.

Pictures: www.imgur.com/a/bdIjg

I'm sure I'll be posting props and stuff as they come along. Workbench is the first project... along with cleaning out a decade of debris.

Take scare,

Grimm

·
Lord of the Cemetery
2,081 Posts
From England, The old Baron bids you....Welcome.

baron-samedi-albums-pics-picture42584-welcome2.jpg

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Welcome Grimm Pickins , from another redcoat across the sea in England , looking forward to seeing you on the forums and to looking at your photos ....... have fun .....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts