Halloween Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
50:50 wonder/terror ratio
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good day everyone.
I’ve been checking this forum out for a while now and decided to bite the bullet and join.

Halloween is pretty much the coolest time of year. That is unless you live in the UK like me, where Halloween is just another boring day for most. I’ve always tried to keep the spirit alive, but when you live in the middle of nowhere with no one under the age of 50 within a 3 mile radius it gets difficult to keep haunts fun. I don’t have a front lawn but I do have a nice big open back garden and love having grown up (somewhat) Halloween parties.
However the standard fare of store-bought decorations is a now a bit boring and have been dipping my toe into the diy props world. Here is a photo of my first ever corpsing attempt on a skeleton I got on Amazon last year:

Nature Branch Wood Sky Water

He’s just a skeleton and some twigs with plastic corpsing and a black/grey paint job, but I was super proud of him.

I’m hoping to move into more advanced territory this year and this forum has shown me so many techniques and ideas.
Can’t wait to share with you all what I come up with.

·
Registered
Yorkshire Scarer
1,216 Posts
Welcome to the forum - I really like your prop. If I came round a corner on a dark night and saw that I would run the proverbial mile.
Lots of really clever and talented people on here so if you have a question or need help there is usually someone who can provide info.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Awesome prop.......Welcome to the forum. Glad you decided to join in with the rest of us Halloween lovers.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I agree. There isn't much to choose from with regard to decent Halloween props in the Uk and the ones that are in the shops I think to myself I could build something better at half the price. Loads of ideas and helpful people in this forum.

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Welcome to the forum ...... HAPPY HALLOWEEN , love your first corpsing job , very very good , tell me about Halloween in the UK 25 years of yard decorating has seen some changes and at least we get some animated props now if expensive , and now with the coast of timber etc making props even proving ridiculous , whereabouts are you M8 , im in Maidstone in Kent , i think im the only Kent member lol ..... billy no mates , have fun and check out the UK threads on this forum for help etc with links UK materials and advice etc .

1 - 10 of 10 Posts