Halloween Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello. My name is Jeff... and I'm a Halloween addict.

My apologies if this intro is a little long and bores some of you. I usually tend to be somewhat laconic.

I am 42 years old, and have loved Halloween for most of them. The passion, the "True Love" was probably born during Disney World's inaugural season when, at a perhaps too young of an age, we visited the Haunted Mansion.

Various other hobbies and interests have faded or gone away, but those that survive I managed to meld into the greater love. At the age of 42 I am a grown man who needs to maintain an off-site storage area for my Halloween stuff and I need a larger one to empty out my garage.

Among my Halloween Supplies I own 3 real coffins, 2 fog machines, probably 50 tombstones of various sizes including a full sized reproduction of Beetlejuice's, a full sized cemetery enterence with propane fired coach lanterns on the columns. Not to mention a large high-end mask collection, three of which are on Ebay right now under the seller name <sandysimon6> [shameless plug]

As many of you know, the collection does tend to grow when you add to it every year for a long time. The biggest tragedy is that where I used to decorate every year, it has gotten to a scale where I often feel it is not worth the effort. Several years ago I helped a coworker and scout leader to decorate for a scout event and derived a lot of satisfaction from the people's enjoyment. Several times I decorated some friends' collected sites at the St. Algonac State Park and was thrilled to see 600+ kids enjoying my stuff.

Next year, I hope to dig out a lot of stuff early, have enough time to decorate the house, and throw a Halloween party for the pride and joy of my life, my daughter Kaela and her friends from school.

A semi-embarrassing anectdote. I have an insanely talented artisan friend name Tiffany down near Cincinnati. One year at my request she zombified a picture of my daughter sitting on my Dad's lap on his pontoon boat. I was so happy the picture that I Emailed it out to friends and family without explanation as sort of a Halloween Card, thinking that it would be patently obvious that it was a photoshop doctored photo.

Immediately I was swamped with eMails from friends and family expressing shaken concern and vowing to dowhatever was necessary to help.

I have never been so mortified at my own stupidity in my life. I attatch the photo:

·
Reaper Queen
8,621 Posts
welcome fellow Michigander, love the pic of your little zombie, what a doll!! I also do campgrounds at state parks, two different week ends, just do my own site though, but absolutely love it!! Sounds like you will fit right in around here. for me, and most of the fellow haunters, this is a obsession, a way of life! welcome to the forum!! We need ot see pics, we love pics!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Welcome to the board!! Are you in motown proper or one of the burbs?

I am in Clinton township, about ten miles north of Detroit's northern border. Thanks to everyone who shouted out. Hopefully I will be posting pictures for everyone to enjoy before too long.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts