Halloween Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Just found this site in google. After looking for a Halloween forum.

Whilst Halloween is no way as big here as it is in the US, my wife and I are looking to start a tradition in decorating the house for Halloween on a budget and adding bits and pieces each year.

We're initially looking at doing the following:
  • Projected video onto one of the windows
  • Turning the front lawn into a graveyard with smoke/dry ice, railings, gravestones, etc
So we thought that we'd make ourselves known and and for advice.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Privateer,
Newbie here as well. From North Carolina and I've been creating yard Halloween props for years. I didn't know there was such a resource for advice and samples!
I'm going to be posting some things I'm currently working on.
My first advice when you are getting started is keep it simple!
The grave yard I've most recently created is made of headstones made from thin plywood cut into shape with a Jigsaw. Then hand painted and a spray coating added to resist weathering. My fencing is made from wood as well and spray painted. I'm trying some new techniques with foam board and I hope they work.
I would suggest looking at pinterest and get plenty of ideas and just go for it. If you mess something up...no harm. Just have fun!
Cheers!
Craig

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you for all of the kind welcome messages.

This is a great place for ideas, for newbies like me, and the resources are very good too. However what really makes this forum is the friendly and knowledgeable people. I'm really glad that I found this place!

·
Registered
166 Posts
Hey, welcome! I'm in the UK too, not my first Halloween party but I'm permanently on a tight budget so I'm not as adventurous as some of the posters here :) still, hoping to change that over time!

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Hiya privateer ,
welcome and best wishes and regards from Maidstone in Kent , hope you have as much fun and help from the forum as i have , good luck with your theme let me know if i can help , regards Pacman.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
privateer ,
not sure if your making your own gravestones , if you are maybe a cut down portrait shape cut from one of these pictures would look great on the tombstone and creep out the visitors , they are still available on u.k. eBay , here,s a link - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3D-ART-22cm-x-16-5cm-GOTHIC-ENGLISH-ROSE-SCARY-HORROR-PICTURE-Poster-Hologram-/310669710040?pt=UK_Art_Photographs_RL&hash=item48555b92d8 - IMG_3397.jpg IMG_3398.jpg IMG_3399.jpg IMG_3400.jpg i bought 2 and had some smaller ones i had bought this week at Hastings , here,s a better photo to see how good they are .

·
Lord of the Cemetery
2,081 Posts
Wiltshire haunter here.. Welcome to the forum
baron-samedi-albums-pics-picture42584-welcome2.jpg

1 - 15 of 15 Posts