Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, long time creeper first time poster on these forums. But I figure ive been using the genius ideas on this site for the past 4 years I may as well get on here. I do a haunted house every year for 4 years running now and I cant get enough! Heck, im already building and prepping for 2014. Anyone else out there near San Diego?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the warm welcomes. Look forward to showing off some of the previous and/or future projects. And investigating my ulterior motive for finally signing up. Which is to say im hoping to me some other local haunters, compare notes and maybe even work with some local people for 2014!

·
Far Away Eyes
3,354 Posts
Just a small display on the side of our house that lots of people walk by. So, not a walk-through, but a walk-by, LOL. Last year was a carnival theme. This year is going to be Western. Now I have the whole family involved, so it is lots of fun.

I also decorate indoors. The kids and their friends enjoy it. We leave everything up for the whole month of Oct.

Yours sounds more like a walk-through haunt. You will have to post photos!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Its a total walkthough. Last year we missed out on a ton of great photo/video ops. The friend we had on the camera was rather lazy. But I do have a lot of the photos up on facebook. www.facebook.com/TerrorTactics2013
Check them out anytime! Would love feedback and suggestions. Theres even a video up from 2013. If you would ever like to work together on some prop stuff let me know! Would be cool to meet some like minded new friends.

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
Hi and welcome , sorry England is a bit of a mission from san diego ..... and i cannot swim , but look forward to seeing your posts and chatting on the forum , what took you so long to join ??

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
Don't matter now Vrokar what does matter is your here and you can keep us updated on your next years haunt , i checked out your photos it looks like you got a great bunch of friends to help with your haunt , with a lot of hard work done as well , all in all looks like another talented new member to add to the legions already here great work Vrokar , again looking forward to many future prop discussions with you in the coming year , damn i wish i lived nearer San Diego :(........ lol :rolleyes:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks man. I really appreciate that. As for the crew... well it changes every year which makes it difficult. Right now I'm working on new pillars for next year, but can't seem to find any friends available when I'm home. My table saw is a bit old and if you don't have to people 8 foot plywood tends to fly up and smack you in the face. Once I get a bit further along I'll document and upload the work.

Hoping to find more people here for this year's haunt too. We want to add some traps this year. Closing walls and the such.

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
Yeah i know what you mean i work in the building industry here in the U.K. you guys call it construction so i know exactly how awkward ply can be , and vicious to boot when it kicks up , tressels are OK but you cannot beat another pair of hands or two with the big sheets , the traps sound good as well , i would like to try to incorporate a small walk-through in my haunt but room is so tight , i might pick your brains for ideas in the coming year Vrokar on how you planned your walk-throughs and utilized your space , it might help me introduce something into my haunt , still got Christmas to deal with first ......:eek:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Lucky me. Found a pair of hands. Finished all the plywood cuts. Next payday I can continue working!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
About this Discussion
34 Replies
12 Participants
Vrokar
Halloween Forum
Halloween forum - Keeping the Halloween spirit alive 365 days a year. Discuss decorations, costumes and more!
Full Forum Listing