My name is Drew. I'm a long time lurker about these parts, and it's been a long time since I joined a forum - but if you all seem like nice like minded people so thought I would give it a go.
A bit about me:
- I live in Southern California, about 40 minutes south of LA.
- I am married to a wonderful spooky lady and have 3 cats.
- We are long term Halloween fanatics. We love it all but tend to lean more towards the vintage stuff.
- My 3 favorite horror movies are Bride of Frankenstein, The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari and Return of the Living Dead.
- I am a comic artist. You can see proof of my artistic existence at drewrausch.com. I'm currently working on a free comic with my wife about a surviving in a small sleepy town that suffers from Samhainaphobia, the fear of Halloween (Yep! It's a real thing) called MY BLACKS DON'T MATCH! Check it out if you got a minute, we update a new page every week. Sort of surreal. View attachment 267697
- I have very tall hair, which has been the topic of many conversations by whispering passerbys.
- My life long dream is to stay in a real haunted hotel. Or live in the Addams Family house. A reasonable facsimile will do.
I guess that's about it. I look forward to meeting all of you.
Scare you later!
Oh believe me - I am a HUGE fan of Hammer Horror, especially Peter Cushing's Frankenstein. The atmosphere those movies have is down right inspirational! Aside from the Tales From the Crypt/ Vault of Horror movies, I'm not really all that familiar with Amicus's films. I'll definitely look into them further!