Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my yard is pirate themed,so i wanted to make something for that.so i decided my shipwreck needed a slimey ,menacing,craken!!! heres what i used.
2 cans of great stuff
wood skeweres
can of flat black spray paint
can of green spray paint
hot glue gun and glue sticks
2 rubber eyeballs
my little 5 yr old wax paper

i put wax paper on a table.then i started spraying the foam,making 8 long tenticals.i then sprayed a pile of foam.let that cure.i peeled each leg off the wax paper.

i then used the wood skewers to attach the tentacles to the head.the head,i shaped by forming it with my hands before it fully cured.after theses steps,i used hot glue to hold the joints where the skewers went in.this helped sturdy the craken.i then took it outside and spray painted it flat black and green underside.

heres some pics of me and saylor playing around with the craken.i hope you ghouls like it!

·
Registered
3,635 Posts
Great job! I gotta ask tho'...does the wife know you are spraying great stuff on the dining table and spray painting over the patio furniture? My husband would be killed for that :)

·
Good Ghoul Gone Bad
747 Posts
Nice job! That would be so cool to be able to do one "life - size", of course it would take a zillion cans of great stuff, but I think you'd be able to do it. Yeah, you're little one is a cutie - I love it when the wee ones get hyped for Halloween :)

2,442 Posts
I'm scared of Krakens..lol even though they don't exist. My Mum had this book years ago and it had a picture of a Kraken in it killing sailors and cows for some reason!, used to give me nightmares when I was little. I'm terrified of dark water, has to be clear so I can see if the tentacles are coming... I know I'm nuts! lol

·
Registered
14,256 Posts
Really nice spray job on your prop and loved your tutorial on putting it together...although it didn't seem to frighten your little one much. She must be into haunting already! Cute pictures of her BTW.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Great monster, foggy. I love your daughters "I'm scared" look as the monster hangs on the arbor. You're not in Detroit, are you? You'd have to have a 24 hour armed guard so the Red Wing hockey fans don't walk off with it! LOL.

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
Hey FF,
AAhhh yes here you are again giving another excuse....this time the dining room table!!!lol

Hey I love this prop, be sure you bring it & the birds to the Jan. party at my house. Love the picture of you & the little one.

I'll tell ya folks this guy comes to our North Carolina Haunters group Make & Takes & he always has the most interesting projects he makes, last thing we saw FF was that Brain Tank you made. I also liked those pirate chandeliers. Don't know how I'm gonna get over there but gonna see if DaveintheGrave wants to bring his kids & we can all take a ride to see your place & Spookineers.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i'm thinking of trying to do a kraken on a large scale this year.got to sit down w paper and pen and start drawing it out.thanks for kind comments

·
Registered
327 Posts
This looks great. Ive never used great stuff before. How durable and flexible is the medium? How large can you make a piece before it starts to breaks?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts