Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am doing something a bit different this year and leaving the gore behind.
Each year we have a theme party that is announced the previous year and this year will be a Great Gatsby Party. I am working in the phrase “A Little Party Never Killed Nobody” and possibly will have a few of the guests play the Winking Murder Game. There will be approximately 65-70 guests with a 20’s genre band for music and dancing. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5X2xMdoR7k
Any suggestions are greatly welcomed.

Save the Date Email:
Save the Date 2018.jpg

Invitation to be Mailed:
blurred invite.jpg

Decorations:
Driveway:
Does anyone know of a source for a spotlight shining into the sky that isn’t a lot of money??
I contacted a Vintage Car Club to rent a 20’s or 30’s car to sit in the driveway for pictures as the guests arrive.
I will then email the pictures later.
‘A Little Party Never Killed Nobody’ will be playing from a boom box so that the song can be heard as the guests arrive.

Food Buffet Table:
I purchased a number of white ostrich feathers in different sizes and 24” Eiffel tower vases for the main centerpieces.

Cocktail Tables:
There will be 8 - 36” round stand-up tables. I will use black round tablecloths to the ground and gold satin toppers.
The centerpieces will be an Eiffel tower vase with smaller ostrich feathers sitting on a 10” round mirror. I will post pictures later.

Costume:
Flapper dress.JPG
Husband is still working on his costume.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have been printing photos from the web for a wall in the living room. I have a wall of vintage photos & portraits that I use the frames and tape the 1920's photos to the glass.
IMG_1888.jpg
IMG_1889.jpg

·
Registered
120 Posts
I am hosting a Great Gatsby Murder Mystery party. This is the first year I have ever done this and I am so excited. I am turning my house into a 1920's Speakeasy. Each guest will play a character. I sent out invitations with a description of the character they will be playing. I have hired a bartender to serve coctails from that era and a caterer to serve appetizers and a sit down dinner. I usually have a large party with 50 to 100 guests but this year will be a smaller group of my closests friends and family. They all seem to be just as excited as I am.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Awesome!! I love Murder Mysteries. What is the name of your game? Ii have seen a few on the internet and would like to order one to play with friends and family.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i hope so. i hired a Prohibition Pop band. First time that i didn't use a DJ. A little worried about this but will report later how it turned out.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I can't wait to see more from your party. We aren't having a party this year due to my best friends wedding and a vacation that took a lot of my time and money so I have now started to work on next years party. The them is going to be Spooky Speakeasy, so all this stuff will be right up my alley for next year.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Great, if you need the Winking Murder Game cards send me your email address and i will send them to you along with the voting cards.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Our party was a great success. Everyone seemed to be enjoying and I received many compliments on the decorations.
I contacted a car club to rent a vintage car to be parked in the driveway as guests arrived. Pictures were taken of everyone and I emailed the photos to the respective people.
IMG_0852 - Copy.jpg

I used stand-up highboys cocktail tables. I believe this forces the guests to mingle more throughout the evening instead of sitting comfortably in a seat all night long. The tables were decorated with black table cloths and gold toppers. I purchased round mirrors on the internet.
IMG_2383.jpg
IMG_2382.jpg

I hung different size white lanterns from the ceiling and over the dessert station.
IMG_2370.jpg
IMG_2380.jpg
IMG_2387.jpg
IMG_2394.jpg

1 - 20 of 23 Posts