Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Hauntingly Addicting
6,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok So my neighbor was pulling stuff out of her garage for this weekends garage sale when I noticed this great gothic looking cast iron umbrella stand. Its about 3 feet tall and something told me I could really do something with this. Are you ready???? she sold it to me for one penny:D:D:D

So im thinking I could line the inside with velum paper then put red lights inside and top it off with tons of black roses. Thats my first idea I would love to hear what you guys would do with it. I would like to use it either in the house or the cemetery. Ok guys hit me with all your great ideas. Im sure there is something fabulous that can be done with this great one PENNY find!:D

·
Registered
437 Posts
OK this is immediately what came to mind:
The Queen of Hearts' crown.
You still going with the Alice in Wonderland theme? I see you smashing the feet of the stand into a wig head (that's been topped with a wig and mask), and Voila! Long Live the Queen!

·
Hauntingly Addicting
6,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys. Rikki I like the idea of the branches, I think I will do that and I will have black roses of course sprayed with black glass glitter:)
BTM...LOL You crack me up. That is a fabulous idea but Im not sure even a head as big as mine can hold that thing up:)

Any other ideas I would love to hear??

·
Devilishly Dutch
5,920 Posts
I think I'd fill it with bones and skulls....and lighting.

Or use it for what its intended for but then creep up the handles on the umbrellas.

Whatever you decide to do with it....its one really cool find!

MsM

·
Don't Drink and Fly!!
2,959 Posts
The first thing my mind saw was several branches sprayed black with black crows sitting on them. What a great steal for a penny, you lucky girl!! I like the roses idea, too.

·
Blaberus craniifer
4,920 Posts
Very nice and the price is right! :D You have to post updated pics when you figure out how you plan to use it.

·
Registered
20,825 Posts
Nice find:cool: To expand on the roses idea, you could maybe have some black vines and leaves hanging over the sides, too. CVS had some garland like that (it's made by Halloween World) last year, I believe, and I think Micheals might have, too.

·
Hauntingly Addicting
6,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Mhooch I like that branches with crows idea, maybe i could incorporate that as well.

Garthgoyle, I know exactly the vine you are talking about, that would look awesome:) Thanks guys for the great ideas. I have so much to work with now. I new this was the place to come. Keep them coming!

·
Registered
814 Posts
Hey Spookie! I love it! what a great find! I love your idea of filling it with black roses, and for sure add branches, and if you can possibly find some branches with small dark burgundy flowers (like the pix i posted)...i think that will help break up the monotone of all black....i found flowers & branches at Illuminations last year..(goodness i miss that store)...

anyhoo...i know whatever you put together is going to look awesome!

BTW...Demon Dog conveyed your message....do i have him trained well, or what...
:D

·
Hauntingly Addicting
6,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
LOL! Yes you do, something told me you did. LOL Thanks for the suggestions I will try that:)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts