Halloween Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since it's getting so close, I'm hoping to start a thread where everyone can post any great deals they find on candy -- since Halloween is on a Saturday this year I'm sure we're going to get record numbers of TOTs in our area, and although I've been trying to pick up a few bags every weekend, I haven't run across any really good deals on candy yet -- even Wal-Mart seemed a little expensive. They did have bags of oreo cookies and peanut butter crackers two for $4.00, which will go a long way, but I know the kids really like to have some candy to mix in with those . . .

So if you find some good deals and/or great coupons, please post them here!

Thanks!!

·
Registered
800 Posts
Here in Canada the prices for Halloween candy are a bit high..but its Halloween so I will end up buying it none the less..I just wait because if I buy it now it will be all gone lol..

·
Registered
34 Posts
I bought a big bucket of Halloween pretzels for the babies that come ToTing. $6.99 for 50 bags at BJ's. They also sell big bags of candy... between 150-300 pieces for $7.99-9.99. We get ALOT of ToTers in my neighborhood since most of my town is rural they all drive their kids here. We go thru ALOT of candy every year. So I am always looking for good deals. This is a great idea for a thread.

·
The thing under the bed
631 Posts
I also buy a few bags each week. I havent found any real deals yet. I think my biggest concern is the unknown amount of TOT's. I mean I dont want a lot of leftover ( my kids dont complain there) but I also dont want to run out.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I've been disappointed so far this year on candy sales. We usually give out full sized candy bars and in the past have always been able to find them for 4/$1.00 by now. So far the best we have found is 2/$1.00. I'm crossing my fingers since we're know as the house with the good candy, but at double the price Im not sure if we can afford to do it this year.

·
Girl Gone Mad
1,638 Posts
Shoot, the full sized bars are almost a $1 a piece here! Think I'm gonna hit the dollar tree.

·
Good Ghoul Gone Bad
747 Posts
I bought a coffin shaped box of gummy body parts, individually wrapped, at Target for $9. It has 90 pieces in it, so I figured 10 cents per piece wasn't too bad, plus I can repurpose the coffin. I haven't seen any other great deals out there but I'm going to check today's paper to see if there's any deals or coupons.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I went to CVS this afternoon and bought a BIG bag of candy for $12.99 -- a little expensive, but I had $4.50 in "extra bucks" that I applied to it, so it wasn't bad -- then on my receipt it said that if I spent $20.00 on Halloween candy, I could get another $5.00 in extra bucks, and it already applied the whole $12.99 towards the $20.00 and it said I only have to spend another $7.01 to get the extra bucks! Then there was also a coupon attached to the receipt for $5.00 off a $25.00 purchase -- so I'm trying to figure out if this is a good deal or not . . . I can spend $7.01 and get another $5.00 extra bucks, then spend $25.00 on candy and get $5.00 off and use my extra bucks and only pay $15.00? I may have to try it this week . . . :confused:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts