Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Pirate Princess
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was in Garden Ridge yesterday and went to the Halloween section, I found the coolest skeleton!!! I have been looking for a Bucky but didn't want to pay full price. Well Garden Ridge has an inbetween model. The skeleton comes in regular white and a cool black antique decayed color. I bought one of each.

The material is kind of like a Blow mold Blucky. But it seems a tad stronger?
But unlike a blucky it is jointed with screws and pins like a BUCKY. It is 5 feet tall and the face and hands are very Buckyish not like the Blow mold cheesy Blucky. Overall I am impressed with the new skeleton. Here are pics of my 2 and a half year old daughter right out of the tub with him LOL. They are $49 a piece and worth EVERY PENNY

close up of his hands
http://www.halloweenforum.com/picture.php?albumid=1079&pictureid=18125

close up of his face
http://www.halloweenforum.com/picture.php?albumid=1079&pictureid=18126

The white one in my garage already almost dressed

·
Mill Creek Haunted Hollow
6,359 Posts
It would seem Garden Ridge stores are sparce across our nation -- and they don't have any online ordering practices. That's really too bad. Those skellies are gorgeous.

·
Keeper of Spider Hill
1,758 Posts
Are they as light weight as a blucky and are the bones hollow and crushable like one too?
They are fairly light, but no, this will not crush like a Blucky. Much more rigid. I stepped on mine a few times last year by accident. LOL

The most you could do to this guy would be to strip a screw, or pull it from the plastic (either which can be fixed by installing a larger screw. :D

·
Dead and loving it.
1,620 Posts
For that price, you can get a 4th quality Bucky. I wonder if some kind hearted Haunter would be willing to hook up those less fortunate and buy a few from garden ridge if we paid them for the skeleton and shipping. :D

I found some yabo on Ebay is selling one for $90 bucks plus shipping. What a rip.

·
Pirate Princess
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I LOVE LOVE LOVE THEM!!! If someone wants me to go to garden ridge please PM me and I will do it.
Hey I already took mine and added him to my dungeon scene. I think I should have gotten him in white because it would have shown up more against the background. But my hubby loves the black skelly he says it makes it look old.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts