Halloween Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are all kinds of different forms of make-up and it can be pretty overwhelming to someone who doesn't know what to get. What is good for each situation?

For example, I'm going as a clown. The make-up will have a white foundation, as most classic clowns do. What kind of make-up would work best?

·
Vlad the Impaler
1,302 Posts
Traditionaly clowns use grease make up. But really grease make-up is not prtical. Number one it feels like gross thick oil on your skin and will smear at the slightest touch. It's also a pain to get off because it leaves a residu (sp?). And if you sweat, it will sweat with you. For your base I would go with a cake make-up because it should lat you a little longer than grease. Cream could be you second choice. For the other details you could use cream make up though but go for a good brand like Ben Nye. I was a clown for a day last year and I had to use grease paint for my mouth and eyebrows and it was gross. Buit I will admit that as the day went on the greasepaint did get a cool smudge look here and there. It just depends what you want.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I did grease/cream makeup and it was alright. The grease was a b*tch to work with. I couldn't get it to stick to the mask when stippling and couldn't get it to spread at all. I used a latex prosthetic mask. And the cream was a nightmare because late in the evening when I would smile, or make a face that would move the prosthetic since it had dried, my paint started to flake off.

This year I'm going with PAX makeup which is acrylic paint mixed with a surgical latex adhesive. hopefully it'll turn out better than last year. It's supposed to be a b*tch to get off, but at the same time, when applied and fully dry it is acrylic/latex and it stretches and bends and will allow me to do all the facial expressions.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts