Halloween Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
We build a grave yard with real stones. They are donated and the antique cauldron was donated as well. We get so many children for Halloween

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
6,913 Posts
Oh my goodness... that's amazing looking! The lighting, the setups and I love the cauldron with the GIANT creep looming over it! Your house must be a favorite for the kids. :D

·
Registered
253 Posts
Awesome job on the lighting, too!

Do I understand correctly that the tombstones are real stone that you lug out every year? I guess they don't need to be protected from the elements, tho, so that is a plus :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh my goodness... that's amazing looking! The lighting, the setups and I love the cauldron with the GIANT creep looming over it! Your house must be a favorite for the kids. :D
Thank you for your kind comments. We try. This is just only a part of the display. It takes a crew a month to build the set🤣. But we have fun

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Awesome job on the lighting, too!

Do I understand correctly that the tombstones are real stone that you lug out every year? I guess they don't need to be protected from the elements, tho, so that is a plus :)
Uhm. Well yes. The grave stones are real. That’s because we own an architectural store and over the years people brought us grave stones someone who has stolen left on a property that was sold and new owners don’t want them. They don’t have names as many vintage ones do not. Usually there is on a separate plaque so we could not reference them. The coffins are real. Usually discarded by funeral homes that were used as salesman Samples on display. They date from 1800s on up. The cauldron is real. It was used in The 1800s as a storefront sign. It was donated also.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Over the years people brought us grave stones someone who has stolen left on a property that was sold and new owners don’t want them.
That is sad. These are mostly people who were loved, and the head stone is a memorial to them.

I imagine in some cases, the family grave site is under a deed restriction, or the property owner takes on the legal position as a trustee. But, even when there is no legal obligation to maintain the grave site, it feels wrong to me to use that memorial stone for a haunted house.

-Joe

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That is sad. These are mostly people who were loved, and the head stone is a memorial to them.

I imagine in some cases, the family grave site is under a deed restriction, or the property owner takes on the legal position as a trustee. But, even when there is no legal obligation to maintain the grave site, it feels wrong to me to use that memorial stone for a haunted house.

-Joe
Joe. Agreed however since no info is actually on the stones there is no way to find their home. what we have learned is there has been more grave stone theft than could be imagined. At least they are utilized as some people send them off to be crushed. Which to me is worse.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts